I'm alright, I think!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dw06

Nov 15, 2010
SW Pa
I just hauled and stacked 3 tons of pellets in pole shed. Got 2 more tons to go. I found myself just sitting there looking at the stacks, and well uh laughing. Out loud. Thinking of 35 years of cutting, splitting, and stacking firewood. Oh and hauling it in to the stove, and starting fires in the cold. And I really enjoy the pellet stove, and look forward to bringing in the the winters supply.
Then it hit me, there is a reason for my uh for why I'm so darn happy. My first year of being a pellet pig!!!! Yeah that's right!!
Got to go now, going to admire the stack for awhile, I'm alright, really.

Well, That didn't take long! No, Your not alright! You just found out you have a bad case of the swine flu! There is no known cure for it and you will spend many years searching, smelling and peeking at pellets to only just settle the cravings!

3 tons before first frost gets you the honor of joining the rest of us pellet hoarders! Welcome to the club! :)

Put this in your sig!

“Proud member of the Pellet Pig Club†OINK OINK!!
“You pellet pigs should be ashaimed of yourselvesâ€-eernest4-Grand Poobah-Pellet Pig Club

Even with "Help" it does not get better. Next year it will be worse and the following year... well... you get it.. LOL

Sounds like your all set. I still enjoy looming in my Crib. When I built it, I thought that enough room for 7 ton would be good. Well its full and I have 2 ton sitting outside the crib. Like I said. It only gets worse.

I think Smokey the Bear has something around 16 ton stored. Im close to having as much as him. Going shopping this weekend. Who knows whats in store??

Congrats on the score. Now you need j-takeman, kinsmanstoves, or imacman to approve the membership.

Looking at the stacked pellets will improve if you do it over an ice cold beer.

Eric

Oops to late. He was typing while I was. The Fire Gods are always watching!!!

DexterDay said:
Congrats on the score. Now you need j-takeman, kinsmanstoves, or imacman to approve the membership.

Actually, I just fill in for when Eric and Pete are slacking! Pete will be along with info on dues so Eric can keep the beer fridge full. :cheese:

DexterDay said:

Hey Kenis, did you see my naked Cab-50?

Eric

kinsman stoves said:
DexterDay said:

Eric

Yep. The title to the thread was hilarious. Almost didnt want to open it.

DexterDay said:
kinsman stoves said:
DexterDay said:

Eric

Yep. The title to the thread was hilarious. Almost didnt want to open it.

I had the wife take a look, Figured she could use a good laugh! hehe :cheese:

16.5 tons, I could go out and get 3 more and still have room for the bosses car. Should have more room next year when I get the large patio table out of the way. My buying days are over for awhile so you can go ahead.

It is a very bad addiction, the only cure for it is to substitute another addiction. I'm currently trying brewing.

j-takeman said:
Well, That didn't take long! No, Your not alright! You just found out you have a bad case of the swine flu! There is no known cure for it and you will spend many years searching, smelling and peeking at pellets to only just settle the cravings!

3 tons before first frost gets you the honor of joining the rest of us pellet hoarders! Welcome to the club! :)

Put this in your sig!

“You pellet pigs should be ashaimed of yourselvesâ€-eernest4-Grand Poobah-Pellet Pig Club

Orderd 4 ton from Lowes the other day. $179 per ton. 2 ton of pres-to-logs and 2 ton of green team. Also used my 10% off and had them delivered for $65. For a total of $702. Does that allow me into the club.

Indy3 said:
Orderd 4 ton from Lowes the other day. $179 per ton. 2 ton of pres-to-logs and 2 ton of green team. Also used my 10% off and had them delivered for $65. For a total of $702. Does that allow me into the club.

We would be glad to have you join us! Welcome! :)

Put this in your sig!

Hey Pete!

Got some more beer money coming your way! Oops I meant dues! hehe :)

kinsman stoves said:
Looking at the stacked pellets will improve if you do it over an ice cold beer.

Eric

Believe it or not, I did that! Was me birthday to boot so had two. ;-P

Got the whole 5 tons stacked and ready for winter. Ended up with 4 tons of Ligs and one ton of hardwood heat. Thought I would try a ton, just to try. Now I'm not only alright, I think, but down right well uh Giddy! Yes Giddy is a word. Yea that's what I am, Giddy.
Really feels good to have all I need and be ready for the winter this early!! I owe a big thanks to all of you and the advice and help offered every day by you all!!. What a great lot you are!!

dw06 said:
Got the whole 5 tons stacked and ready for winter. Ended up with 4 tons of Ligs and one ton of hardwood heat. Thought I would try a ton, just to try. Now I'm not only alright, I think, but down right well uh Giddy! Yes Giddy is a word. Yea that's what I am, Giddy.
Really feels good to have all I need and be ready for the winter this early!! I owe a big thanks to all of you and the advice and help offered every day by you all!!. What a great lot you are!!

In the true words of a Pig..... Oink Oink!!

Good for you. If its any indication of my reading here, you will like the Hardwood Heats (Hamers) Many here love them. Having a Harman helps with burning anything. But having a lot of heat is the key element.

Congrats.... You Pig!

[quote author="j-takeman" date="1317256157"]Well, That didn't take long! No, Your not alright! You just found out you have a bad case of the swine flu! There is no known cure for it and you will spend many years searching, smelling and peeking at pellets to only just settle the cravings!

Well I have had 5 ton since August when they first got them in at Lowes does that get me in the club?

Everytime I go to a store i look to see if they have pellets and how much and what type of wood they are hmmm I may have to find another hobby!

j-takeman said:
How about 3.3 tons before the stove is even hooked up? Does that get me in the honor of being a pellet pig?

Seriously - I'm working on the stove right now and hope to get it hooked up by the end of the long weekend. Got my first 3.3 tons a couple of week ago, all stacked up on the porch and ready to go. Of course, there will be pictures. See a couple samples of below. Did I mention I'm an engineer? There will be data! I bought 3 different ultra premiums and will be testing them thoroughly but that's a story for my own thread later.

Attachments

• Future Home Of Pellet Stove.jpg
    Future Home Of Pellet Stove.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 353
  • First 3.3 Tons Of Pellets.jpg
    First 3.3 Tons Of Pellets.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 388
DonD said:
j-takeman said:
How about 3.3 tons before the stove is even hooked up? Does that get me in the honor of being a pellet pig?

Seriously - I'm working on the stove right now and hope to get it hooked up by the end of the long weekend. Got my first 3.3 tons a couple of week ago, all stacked up on the porch and ready to go. Of course, there will be pictures. See a couple samples of below. Did I mention I'm an engineer? There will be data! I bought 3 different ultra premiums and will be testing them thoroughly but that's a story for my own thread later.

No, but you might want to rethink about how much you want to load up your porch. You got over 6,000 pounds there, that my be to much.

DonD said:
j-takeman said:

Actually one of the other requirements is to have at least 1 stove. More stoves gets you extra points/stars. You can add the pig stuff to your sig once the stove is all set and burning. We will need pictures for proof! hehe!! :)

DonD said:
j-takeman said:

DonD Nice looking stash you got there, what stove you going to put in that great looking spot?

nuttyfrom6kids said:
j-takeman said:

Well I have had 5 ton since August when they first got them in at Lowes does that get me in the club?

Everytime I go to a store i look to see if they have pellets and how much and what type of wood they are hmmm I may have to find another hobby!

Welcome to the club! :)

Also put your stove model in your sig so we know what you have.

nuttyfrom6kids said:
j-takeman said:

Try taking up home brewing ;-).

SmokeyTheBear said:
nuttyfrom6kids said:
j-takeman said:

See I did it bass ackward, I did home brewing first then the pellet deal. :lol: Still works out, as I can sit there with the homebrew and count the bags of pellets, course I keep coming up with different counts depending on the consumption of brews!

dw06 said:
SmokeyTheBear said:
nuttyfrom6kids said:
j-takeman said:

See I did it bass ackward, I did home brewing first then the pellet deal. :lol: Still works out, as I can sit there with the homebrew and count the bags of pellets, course I keep coming up with different counts depending on the consumption of brews!

Ok, there is always chicken raising. I understand that chicken math is rather strange and that the beer will help in that regard as well ;-).

Status
Not open for further replies.