I'm alright, I think!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoverfly said:
DonD said:
j-takeman said:
3 tons before first frost gets you the honor of joining the rest of us pellet hoarders! Welcome to the club! :)
How about 3.3 tons before the stove is even hooked up? Does that get me in the honor of being a pellet pig?

Seriously - I'm working on the stove right now and hope to get it hooked up by the end of the long weekend. Got my first 3.3 tons a couple of week ago, all stacked up on the porch and ready to go. Of course, there will be pictures. See a couple samples of below. Did I mention I'm an engineer? There will be data! I bought 3 different ultra premiums and will be testing them thoroughly but that's a story for my own thread later.

No, but you might want to rethink about how much you want to load up your porch. You got over 6,000 pounds there, that my be to much.

I should be OK. I don't think 150 lb/sq ft is too crazy and I just checked the joists which are 16 inch oc and it looks like, assuming the entire load is on the hanger end (it isn't), there is about 660 lbs per hanger which is within the Simpson DF/SP load table allowables. I wish I had some pictures from before the decking was laid down to see exactly what hangers were used.

j-takeman said:
DonD said:
j-takeman said:
3 tons before first frost gets you the honor of joining the rest of us pellet hoarders! Welcome to the club! :)
How about 3.3 tons before the stove is even hooked up? Does that get me in the honor of being a pellet pig?

Seriously - I'm working on the stove right now and hope to get it hooked up by the end of the long weekend. Got my first 3.3 tons a couple of week ago, all stacked up on the porch and ready to go. Of course, there will be pictures. See a couple samples of below. Did I mention I'm an engineer? There will be data! I bought 3 different ultra premiums and will be testing them thoroughly but that's a story for my own thread later.

Actually one of the other requirements is to have at least 1 stove. More stoves gets you extra points/stars. You can add the pig stuff to your sig once the stove is all set and burning. We will need pictures for proof! hehe!! :)

I'll let you know when I fire it up. Got the plywood/thin set/cement board for the hearth pad done today. Tile tomorrow and then stove install next weekend. Pictures to follow for sure.

dw06 said:
DonD said:
j-takeman said:

DonD Nice looking stash you got there, what stove you going to put in that great looking spot?

Thanks. My Quadra-Fire Castile is sitting just out of range of the photo just waiting to go in.

Rather than continue to hijack dw's thread I think I'll go start my build thread now ... :)

I stacked 5 tons in the garage, and I'm tired !! But I've got enough to last the winter... Oink Oink !!!! Beautiful weather for stacking your supply !!

Nicholas440 said:
I stacked 5 tons in the garage, and I'm tired !! But I've got enough to last the winter... Oink Oink !!!! Beautiful weather for stacking your supply !!

Actually a bit warm for me to think of stacking. Went leaf peeping and fired up some steaks on the grille. Yes, Beer was also on the list! :)

Looks like Nicholas440 can ad something to his sig too! :) welcome to the club!

“Proud member of the Pellet Pig Club†OINK OINK!!
“You pellet pigs should be ashaimed of yourselvesâ€-eernest4-Grand Poobah-Pellet Pig Club

j-takeman said:
Sorry dw. But he'll soon learn we seldom stay on track. We wonder all over! :)

:) That we do! Don't mind the hijacks at all.

DonD said:
Rather than continue to hijack dw's thread I think I'll go start my build thread now ... :)

Be forewarned, we will follow ;-) And enjoy the info you share with us to boot!

Status
Not open for further replies.