I'm going to burn today!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok. on the agenda:

Starting up the greenfire cause it's cold in here. Burn baby Burn!!! It's August...I love it., whooooohahahah :snake:

Dismantlement of a Breckwell P2000...what the heck is wrong with this thing???

Painting the Breckwell

Replacing the business cards Werm stole out of my Englander at Home Depot

Don't forget there are two Lowes within 15 mi of there!

smwilliamson said:
ok. on the agenda:

Starting up the greenfire cause it's cold in here. Burn baby Burn!!! It's August...I love it., whooooohahahah :snake:

Dismantlement of a Breckwell P2000...what the heck is wrong with this thing???

Painting the Breckwell

Replacing the business cards Werm stole out of my Englander at Home Depot
Had mine going last night for a couple of hours to take the dampness out of the air.
Temp was 60 degrees outside and raining.

smwilliamson said:
......a Breckwell P2000...what the heck is wrong with this thing???......

What's wrong? It's spelled B-R-E-C-K-W-E-L-L

And as for you guys burning.....sounds like ANY excuse to burn pellets...... :lol:

imacman said:
smwilliamson said:
......a Breckwell P2000...what the heck is wrong with this thing???......

What's wrong? It's spelled B-R-E-C-K-W-E-L-L

And as for you guys burning.....sounds like ANY excuse to burn pellets...... :lol:

Bust my chops if you must...what are you talking about? I spelled it correctly. Is it supposed to capitalized? You confuse me.

You missed the sarcasm...the fact that it's a Breckwell is the problem.... :roll:

I think pete means breakwell as in they break well!

SMW if your burning pellets alreadyfor heat? You have got some addictions to address. :lol:

j-takeman said:

SMW if your burning pellets alreadyfor heat? You have got some addictions to address. :lol:

I think we should have an intervention!

Werm said:
j-takeman said:

I think we should have an intervention!

Hey nothing like a nice warm pellet fire to take the chill out of the air :coolsmile:

I too, had my first burn to get the dampness out. Had a cup of chowder for supper. Fell asleep in my chair. All is well!

I just lit the Enviro for the fist time this season.

Burning a leftover 1/2 bag of Okies from last year.
Even after a summer of high humidity they still burn great.

66 in the Living room on it's way up to mid 70's

I'd take a picture but I can't find the camera.

Nice to have the slight smell of heat in the house and a fire in the window glass.

The dog sure is happy.

Stay warm my friends.

---Nailer---

ahh, it's 61* out and i have all my windows open. I love this 'fall' crisp air. I won't be bruning until late october/early novemeber. When the house can't stay at 60, it's time. I don't like a super hot house.

briansol said:
.....I won't be burning until late october/early novemeber. When the house can't stay at 60, it's time. I don't like a super hot house.

I'm with you. Maybe burn in the middle of Oct. IF it's gets unseasonably cool. I don't let the stove get the house much above 70.

yeah, call me cheap, but i don't mind wearing a hoodie/sweatshirt all day. Plus, i have a bit of natural insulation (aka, fat) lol The heat is mostly for the house, so my pipes don't burst.

What side of the river are you on?
I remember walking to class (went to Marist) in the winter time and catching he hudson wind. bitter. I imagine the kingston side fares better

briansol said:
.....What side of the river are you on?
I remember walking to class (went to Marist) in the winter time and catching he hudson wind. bitter. I imagine the kingston side fares better

I'm near Newburgh on the west side of the river, but believe me, it gets cold here. My weather station recorded a wind gust of 95 MPH last winter, and it got to -35 °F with the windchill a few nights.

I don't care what anyone says....that's freakin COLD! :ahhh:

My favorite is:

-459.4 Fahrenheit (-273 C)
Absolute zero; all atomic motion stops.
Canadians start saying “cold, eh? “
:lol:

smwilliamson said:
ok. on the agenda:

Starting up the greenfire cause it's cold in here.

Doh! Sounds like you should be insulating that place.
AC was on here until just a little bit ago....

Xena said:
smwilliamson said:
ok. on the agenda:

I'm cold because I have the windows open, so I decided to start up the stove.

smwilliamson said:
Xena said:
smwilliamson said:
ok. on the agenda:

I'm cold because I have the windows open, so I decided to start up the stove.

See! I told you all that there are pellet heads that will find ANY excuse to burn:

"I think I'll open a window. Oooooooh, now I'm cold....better start-up the pellet stove" :)

Status
Not open for further replies.