I'm gonna be a Okie pig

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand that but I've not ever seen the level of mush I had here...Sawdust was dry in some of the mush area and it was like there was no adhesion on the pellets, like they just fell apart...

Does any one know who carries Okies in the Poconos or Leigh Valley area ?? or any of the softwood brands just want to try a few different brands. Thanks

Boom said:
ship_reck said:
okies are currenlty $234/ton @ squire lumber in monson ma. this is where i've gotten okies the past 2 years. delivery to me just outside of worcester was a total of $75...

i'm about to order 5.2 tons.
Good price, can you order 2 extra tons for me and FedX them to the west coast? :cheese:

i asked about delivery to the left coast...pretty sure i heard crickets on the other end of the line...

so i went ahead & ordered 5.2 tons. now i need to clean the basement.

fwiw, delivery was still $75 to auburn.

Does any one know who carries Okies in the Poconos or Leigh Valley area ?? or any of the softwood brands just want to try a few different brands. Thanks

I emailed them, No Distribution in Pa yet.

forya said:

I emailed them, No Distribution in Pa yet.
Thanks for the info, I'll just keep burning the hardwoods.

ship_reck said:
Boom said:
ship_reck said:
okies are currenlty $234/ton @ squire lumber in monson ma. this is where i've gotten okies the past 2 years. delivery to me just outside of worcester was a total of $75...

i'm about to order 5.2 tons.
Good price, can you order 2 extra tons for me and FedX them to the west coast? :cheese:

i asked about delivery to the left coast...pretty sure i heard crickets on the other end of the line...

so i went ahead & ordered 5.2 tons. now i need to clean the basement.

fwiw, delivery was still $75 to auburn.

On the west coast look for Westwoods. Same pellet!

Last night I opened the stove before I started it up...used to cleaning clinkers every 2 days last year and this year...

No clinkers...just a fuzzy ash. Oh I am so going to like this next fall....

Salty I used Okies all winter and have a sizable stash left. Your going to enjoy not only the good heat, but the reduced cleaning!

LOL already am. Mixing the okies with the infernos. Interesting that it seems to have eliminated the klinker problem....wonder why?

Salty said:
LOL already am. Mixing the okies with the infernos. Interesting that it seems to have eliminated the klinker problem....wonder why?

Three good possibilities, first the temperature in the pot has likely changed, the amount of ash being generated per unit of time is now within the combustion blowers ability to eject from the burn pot, and last the actual moisture content produced by the burn is likely lower. Moisture, ash, temperature, and time in the pot are what causes of clinkers.

never realized moisture was part of it. Interesting. Cleaned the stove last night and had 3-4 pea sized clinkers. MUCH smaller than the infernos by themselves...makes me think that a trick here IS to mix good and mediocre pellets together for a better cost savings...

Status
Not open for further replies.