I'm having major seperation anxiety here.......

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So if I hire you to take down a huge oak in my front yard the pricing structure is the same if you take the wood or buck and leave it for me?
I've got a job for you bud:)
the cost is significantly higher if you keep the wood, if I take the wood you get a discount..::-)...unless it's willow. Then I'll pay YOU to keep the wood! that's how I do it.
Most tree guys charge the same whether they take the wood or leave it lay.

the cost is significantly higher if you keep the wood, if I take the wood you get a discount..::-)...unless it's willow. Then I'll pay YOU to keep the wood! that's how I do it.
Most tree guys charge the same whether they take the wood or leave it lay.

Nah man removal fees are always added - which wood(pun intended) increase your anxiety;)
Most tree guys know when they meet a homeowner that just wants a hairy one taken down safely - at least with the guy I've used - drop it and leave the mess... cash talks

But I'd add that if you're bucking it nicely for them you should be charging accordingly - when you get big time you can leave 4' and 10" rounds!!!

Nah man removal fees are always added - which wood(pun intended) increase your anxiety;)
Most tree guys know when they meet a homeowner that just wants a hairy one taken down safely - at least with the guy I've used - drop it and leave the mess... cash talks

But I'd add that if you're bucking it nicely for them you should be charging accordingly - when you get big time you can leave 4' and 10" rounds!!!

In my area most charge extra to remove the wood. That's why I get so many good scrounges around here.

In my area most charge extra to remove the wood. That's why I get so many good scrounges around here.
tipping fees and fuel on a loaded grapple truck cost money so yeah there is a cost involved.
fortunately I met a guy that lets a tree service dump on his field - endless free hardwoods to cut and easily load

Status
Not open for further replies.