I'm having trouble finding the post that had Pellets tested for heat, ash ect.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

emmelch1

Dec 7, 2010
Chesapeake City, MD
Howdy , I posted about my burn pot problems and got a lot of GOOD advice , Thanks to ALL !!!!!!!!! , I think my pellets were half of the problem they got poor results in testing by one of the Pellet Guru's !!! and did crappy in my stove , I cant remember the name, and even have a couple bags at home ,but the bag is mostly yellow on the front . So Im hoping that informative post can be reposted.
Also today I got a Ton of pellets at the Home Depot in New Castle Delaware today, they're called HEAT , I had gotten a few bags to try a couple days ago and was really impressed , paid $209.00 which I don't think was to bad. Thanks, Chris

emmelch1 said:
Howdy , I posted about my burn pot problems and got a lot of GOOD advice , Thanks to ALL !!!!!!!!! , I think my pellets were half of the problem they got poor results in testing by one of the Pellet Guru's !!! and did crappy in my stove , I cant remember the name, and even have a couple bags at home ,but the bag is mostly yellow on the front . So Im hoping that informative post can be reposted.
Also today I got a Ton of pellets at the Home Depot in New Castle Delaware today, they're called HEAT , I had gotten a few bags to try a couple days ago and was really impressed , paid $209.00 which I don't think was to bad. Thanks, Chris
http://www.woodpelletreviews.com/

And there is this, which is a great compilation of Jay Takeman's reviews. I'm sure he'll be here soon with links to the original threads.

http://woodpellets4me.com/pdf/2011-2012-PelletReview.pdf

It was put out by Okanagan pellets so watch out for the pro-Okie biased comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.