I'm in a quandry.....and a little pissed.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
this brings up a question about firewood that I've wondered more than once. If one steals a couple of cords of wood and the police get involved, do they actually take possession of all of that wood for evidence?

anyway, my take on it is this: We are standing in Wal-Mart and I say "Hey, you see those socks on that shelf there? Wal-Mart says it's ok to just take them." Would you take them? What if you took them and the police showed up? Do you think it would work to say to the police "Danno told me it was cool, so if you have a problem with it, you need to talk to Danno."

In a perfect world neighbors can speak for each other like you described. It shouldn't be a big deal. BUT, we don't live in a perfect world, we live in a world where you HAVE to talk directly to the owner of the thing FIRST. Getting everything in writing is better. That's not a world I want to live in, so I'd probably have done what you did. I'm just saying that it didn't work out that way. and even though you are an honest guy, and you should have been able to take Y's word for it, it just didn't work out that way.

Yep, well said...

Appreciate all of the input. I've chilled out since I posted, and have considered the angles on this. Basically, Z can keep the remainder, it's not worth the money. This should be acceptable to him, and any ill-will should be directed towards Y. Besides, the whole lot of them work in the same profession for the same company. I am just going to close the books on that particular resource. Call it DUN and move on, lesson learned.

Seems people see you doing the work now they thinks its worth gold, pick up your saws and run that wood will be there for YEARS!

Smokin', I almost guarantee that pile will be there for quite some time. You watch, I'll get a phone call next year, once again asking if I can come up and haul out "all this wood we've got.".

Beetle-Kill said:
Smokin', I almost guarantee that pile will be there for quite some time. You watch, I'll get a phone call next year, once again asking if I can come up and haul out "all this wood we've got.".

You know it! They Like your work now pay them for it.....lol

smokinjay said:
Beetle-Kill said:

LoL. Ain't that the truth. It will be there next year, like you said, but at least it's still seasoning.

Danno77 said:
smokinjay said:
Beetle-Kill said:

LoL. Ain't that the truth. It will be there next year, like you said, but at least it's still seasoning.

Yep but at this point I would rather see it rott! lol Funny how people see your hard work and now want paid for it!

SmokinJay, but, but, you have all this wood...can't I have a few truck loads for free? :lol: Not like we have not heard that one before...

burntime said:
SmokinJay, but, but, you have all this wood...can't I have a few truck loads for free? :lol: Not like we have not heard that one before...

That about sums it up...Ask them if they will help you split a couple loads and they will run! lol

Tell Z that this is a A B conversation to C his way out of it before D jumps over E and kicks the F out of him. :coolgrin:

Can I choose D . . . all of the above? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.