I'm Insured... Craigslist Here I Come

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Battenkiller

Minister of Fire
Nov 26, 2009
Just Outside the Blue Line
I had to get insurance so I can do chainsaw carving at public venues. I have coverage for $3 million personal injury per occurrence, with $100K coverage for damage to premises. It is a performer-based policy, called "clown" insurance in the industry (because it was originally offered to professional clowns).

So now, when I see a CL ad offering free firewood but you have to be insured, I can produce a copy of the policy from the glove box of the truck and show them. And when I drop the tree on the garage and they scream out, "Jesus, what kind of clown are you anyway?", I can reply, "An insured one."

Nice bring your card I got a tree in mind! ;-)

Cool. I've been wanting a new house for a while now.

Thistle said:

Yep its that tree right outside the master suite! We can open up a whole new world! ;-)

smokinjay said:
Thistle said:

Yep its that tree right outside the master suite! We can open up a whole new world! ;-)

LOL reminds me of a guy I worked with some yrs back who made a convertible out an '89 Mustang beater with an air chisel.Yes you heard right,not even a clean-cutting tool like a Sawzall with fine tooth metal blades. :lol:

Thistle said:
smokinjay said:
Thistle said:

LOL reminds me of a guy I worked with some yrs back who made a convertible out an '89 Mustang beater with an air chisel.Yes you heard right,not even a clean-cutting tool like a Sawzall with fine tooth metal blades. :lol:

Done a couple of those old chevettes in my time.

Battenkiller said:
OK boys... I get 15% of whatever the claim is. ;-P

Done...lol ;-)

Go for it BK!

smokinjay said:
Battenkiller said:
OK boys... I get 15% of whatever the claim is. ;-P

Done...lol ;-)

lol sounds fair to me too Uhmmm is the neighbors new chevy crossover covered too :lol:

This so reminds me of my first job right out of the Army. The company took an extra twenty five cents a week out of everybody's pay for a "maternity pool" that paid something like $250 to any employee's family that had a baby. I pitched a groan about it because I was single. The company president told me that when I was on a date I should just look her in the eye and say "Don't worry. I am insured.".

Have fun clowning around BK.

Best laugh of the morning, BK- thanks! :lol:

Battenkiller said:
I had to get insurance so I can do chainsaw carving at public venues. I have coverage for $3 million personal injury per occurrence, with $100K coverage for damage to premises. It is a performer-based policy, called "clown" insurance in the industry (because it was originally offered to professional clowns).

So now, when I see a CL ad offering free firewood but you have to be insured, I can produce a copy of the policy from the glove box of the truck and show them. And when I drop the tree on the garage and they scream out, "Jesus, what kind of clown are you anyway?", I can reply, "An insured one."

BK, if a tree falls in the house, you can just carve something out of the tree and make it a built in feature. I like BBs comment, I sure could have used that insurance in the old days.

It would be funny to see you pull up to someone's house with a tiny car and ten guys get out with chainsaws! :lol:

;-)
Jack Straw said:
It would be funny to see you pull up to someone's house with a tiny car and ten guys get out with chainsaws! :lol:

With the top cut off so the bars would hit! :cheese:

Battenkiller said:

Does this mean you will be at Boonville?

zap

Here you can call this guy.....

Just got to climb, rope it down, and be INSURED !!!!!

Free Maple Firewood (Avoca)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2011-07-28, 9:00AM EDT
Reply to: sale-.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Free firewood for the taking... The catch.... its still standing! I have a LARGE maple in the center of my yard, probably 65ft tall... definitely an excellent source of firewood for the right person if you cut and remove it... YOU MUST BE INSURED or dont even call.... 50 years of experience in tree trimming will not replace damage god forbid something were to ever happen. There is enough room to drop the tree in sections safely.

Call of text if you are interested

Status
Not open for further replies.