I'm Looking for a good forced air furnace installer in CT?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GS7

Dec 14, 2012
Connecticut
Making good progress on selecting a unit and I need to have a good wood furnace installer in place. Anyone in CT have a good installer?

Where are you in CT? Mainline heating in Ashford is supposed to be pretty good.

http://mainlinehs.com/

I'm in New Haven county, Thanks for trying however, they stated they are mainly chimney sweeps and handle liner installs but no hvac or plumbing. Hopefully I can find a good hvac guy who has been down this road. I have had my share of hvac guys who don't know anything about wood furnaces.

If your area is like anything like around here, you likely won't find anyone who is willing to install anything they didn't sell, ESPECIALLY a wood furnace! Probably what you will need to do is contract out each "job" yourself. Like, hire a local wood stove shop to come out and use their powered stair climbing dolly (or rent one yourself) to move the furnace down the stairs (if you have them) then, get a HVAC shop to send out their tin knocker to make and/or hook up the duct work. Call someone that does chimneys to inspect/install any chimney work that may be needed and hook up the flue of course. Have an electrician do the wiring. You get the idea. It's a PITA to go through all this hassle, but it seems to be pretty common problem with solid fuel heaters. Everybody wants to "specialize" in one thing only (and some aren't very good at that)
And of course, I think most people do as much of their own work as they can too.

Status
Not open for further replies.