im not messin around this year :)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I get it, that's $3.00 per watt, correct? If so, that's very nice. Good to hear that it's off the top. AMT sux.

yes, correct. I corrected my original post. a $3.00 tax credit wouldnt even buy you a pack of smokes these days lol.

BeGreen said:
Only $3.00? That should really get the masses moving.

Seriously though, will that credit be off the top? Or will it be calculated in after AMT? If after AMT it's worthless to a lot of folks that could afford the system.

I read an earlier draft - as first proposed, it would be a credit, not subject to AMT... as it works it's way through - that could change - we'll just have to see where it winds up.

(no wonder everyone hates talking to the "bean counters")

Hey Ryan, I've been looking at the same splitter, how do you like it and which engine did you get, if the Briggs is it quiet?

Hi Mountainstove guy,

Noticed your new splitter is a Speeco. Looks like a dandy and am sure you will truely enjoy it. After several years of hand splitting my bbq wood for the joint, I bought a 10 or 12 ton Speeco gas splitter. That was around 1982? Don't remember the exact year, but I'll never forget what a blessing it was and still is! Man, did that baby take a load off of me. When the gas engine bit the dirt, I had an electric motor adapted to it. I liked that even better! That ol' speeco is still running and doing its job. Has only had a couple of service calls over all these years. Guess I've split at least 300 cords of wood with it. Catch you later and happy stove season to you...thought you might enjoy the story.

Stickburner

rdrcr56 said:
Hey Ryan, I've been looking at the same splitter, how do you like it and which engine did you get, if the Briggs is it quiet?

Honestly, i didnt shop at all. I got pissed trying to split some 30" wet rounds the other day and i just drove down to Murdocks in longmont and told them to hitch it up. So far, i really like the splitter. It has the 10.5 BS, its sort of quite, not as quiet as a honda, and it takes 6-8 pulls to get it fired up. A tank of gas last about two hours of hard work, and it holds about a gallon.

Attachments

• IMG_0258.JPG
    IMG_0258.JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 163
stick burner said:
Hi Mountainstove guy,

Noticed your new splitter is a Speeco. Looks like a dandy and am sure you will truely enjoy it. After several years of hand splitting my bbq wood for the joint, I bought a 10 or 12 ton Speeco gas splitter. That was around 1982? Don't remember the exact year, but I'll never forget what a blessing it was and still is! Man, did that baby take a load off of me. When the gas engine bit the dirt, I had an electric motor adapted to it. I liked that even better! That ol' speeco is still running and doing its job. Has only had a couple of service calls over all these years. Guess I've split at least 300 cords of wood with it. Catch you later and happy stove season to you...thought you might enjoy the story.

Stickburner

Stick, thanks for the feedback. Im glad i bought a good one. it was sheer luck :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.