I'm now a pig !

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaymaine34

Burning Hunk
Jan 5, 2013
Just purchased 10 tons of pellets ! Am I now a pig ? Green Supreme . Now before I get jumped all over for them being garbage I've burned 10 bags yes lots of ash ( no clunkers ) and average heat . Here's the kicker it was a gift from my Farther ( wanted to keep his grand babies warm ) so knowing they are free how did I do ?
The day got even better bought 30 bags of Vermonts from a buddy who was moving and didn't need them ( $75.00)
So as of tommorow I will have 12.5 tons on hand !

Reactions: IHATEPROPANE
what's more important is the ice gone ? i haven't been up since thanxgiving . dying to put the boat in .

congrats on the score :)

unless your gonna burn all of them I think it makes you a hoarder, Im on ton # 8 for the year just because I like watching my wife walking around in skimpy clothes ie hotter house less clothes , I think your father inlaw got the best of you on this one lots of cleaning in your future , but free is always great excellent deal ,

I'll takes pictures when they get here . I'm no hoarder I have 3 stoves at 3 different locations . So between all 3 I burn about 10-11 tons .
I'm fine with the cleaning thanks to this site I have it down to a science !

what's more important is the ice gone ? i haven't been up since thanxgiving . dying to put the boat in .

congrats on the score :)
Still some ice but it's going fast ! If this weather keeps up it won't be long !

Still some ice but it's going fast ! If this weather keeps up it won't be long !

I don't know that's it's going fast, but it is going. This week hasn't helped too much. Next weeks predicted temps will put a big dent in it. There was still 30" on some lakes up north last week.

Don't care about pellets but I do want to see the truck you are using to haul them home :)

Don't care about pellets but I do want to see the truck you are using to haul them home :)
HD is delivering the guy at the store says 10 tons no problem they hall 20 all the time ( just made sure to tell them to keep the truck off my driveway )
Funny thing is I just got a call from them and they said they will be using a ( mofit ) and I said ok but you'll still need a pallet jack as they are goinging in a garage . H /D = Well if the mofit fits your all set . Me= no look at the order it says bring pallet jack !
Me= Don't show up without it because I will refuse the delivery !
H/D = Well let me work this out . Can we move the delivery to next Tuesday ? Also what ones do you want ? The truck will most likely have a few brands on it .Me = Ok can you call me when the truck comes in ? H/D = Sure no problem we will get this sorted out !
Now we will see ??

I don't know that's it's going fast, but it is going. This week hasn't helped too much. Next weeks predicted temps will put a big dent in it. There was still 30" on some lakes up north last week.
I'm pretty far south it's going fast here !

Just be carefully on a pallet jack and the driveway. I had a 1000lb pallet dropped off at my house (solar panels). The driver showed up 2 hours early and took it upon himself to pallet jack it to in front of my garage. Left deep ruts about 80ft feet long and where he turned it, it went down almost to the gravel underneath (2.5" thick pavement!)

Almost had to bring the company to small claims to get the driveway repaired.

unless your gonna burn all of them I think it makes you a hoarder, Im on ton # 8 for the year just because I like watching my wife walking around in skimpy clothes ie hotter house less clothes , I think your father inlaw got the best of you on this one lots of cleaning in your future , but free is always great excellent deal ,

Keyword is free no matter what his Cost to work ratio can't be beat..

Also what ones do you want ?​
What kind do they have? If they are offering a choice don't wait until the truck arrives.....make your pick before it's loaded. HD may have Presto's (far better than green supreme) or even stove chow.....or something else.....

What kind do they have? If they are offering a choice don't wait until the truck arrives.....make your pick before it's loaded. HD may have Presto's (far better than green supreme) or even stove chow.....or something else.....
Truck gets there in the morning won't know until then . Hoping for chow . But free I'm sure I'll be happy either way !

Reactions: whlago
Congrats... That's a $2,000 gift. I'd be kissing my FIL if he were still alive :)

Waiting on pics..... Of the stash and all 3 stoves (same stoves).

Congrats... That's a $2,000 gift. I'd be kissing my FIL if he were still alive :)

Waiting on pics..... Of the stash and all 3 stoves (same stoves).
Just to be clear it's my dad not my fIL !
I will gets pics of the stash and all 3 stoves I have shown you the one at my Home . They other 2 are in rentals . All are Cb1200

Reactions: DexterDay
Status
Not open for further replies.