Im on a Roll - Another Huge Score - Same Source

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

katwillny

For all of the guys who read my Saturday post, Karma is right. I got a text today at 7am from those guys telling me that they were going to cut an oak tree about 4 miles from my job. Those boys are something else. Pizza, wings and Soda was the only payment they would accept. nothing like pies, wings and soda while loading the Sierra with farrwood. I get there at around 10 and this is what was waiting for me. Its on state property not by the road so I have all the time to get to it. I just have to call up one of the guys to get access to the gate. Lunch time is a good time to go load up the truck.

Attachments

• oaks.PNG
    oaks.PNG
    455.2 KB · Views: 240
Karma! Wow. Awesome

Nice score!

Oak at a nice price!

Nice! :cool:
Pin Oak?

What, they didnt split it for ya? Nice score!

I think you've made some great new friends.

Sweetness.... Another score...

Nice score!

Bring over some pizza, wings and soda to our place and I'll let you have some or our wood too.
Sure Ill get the truck ready. I want venison steaks Dennis.
Yes that is a great source to have. Some were split or "noodled" since the rolls are so big. I spent the better part of today splitting and stacking. So far 2 truck loads of this oak. Ill be busy for a a few weeks.

Sure Ill get the truck ready. I want venison steaks Dennis.
Yes that is a great source to have. Some were split or "noodled" since the rolls are so big. I spent the better part of today splitting and stacking. So far 2 truck loads of this oak. Ill be busy for a a few weeks.

No problem with the venison! Come on over.

4 truck loads of this oak and the pile looks exactly the same. i havent even made a dent on the pile. thats just great. Went into the office two hours earlier today just that i could go pick up another truck load. Boy is my back sore, but in two years God willing we will be using this baby.

Attachments

• oakss.PNG
    oakss.PNG
    225.9 KB · Views: 108
All cut ready to toss
nice

Awesome score.......good on you for hooking those guys up with some treats, too. I'm sure they will be keeping you in mind for the next job......

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Yea Scotty, its a great score. those guys keep really busy this time of year. He was telling me that most people are just now calling to get their Sandy trees removed now that the winter is over. Plus a lot of people are now getting the money from their insurance so they are clearing all of the trees that were not too in the way. So I hope i get more calls.

Very nice! I missed the Saturday post. I'll look around for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.