Im ready for some pointers buck 2800

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WASPKFD

Nov 3, 2013
Iowa
I have no problems other than the fan motor quit and was easily replaced,,, couple questions,,, How do I get the hottest burn,, Ive read all kinds of ideas.. but is it better with damper closed and air vents wide open???
also creosote question..
There is a time when we shut down the stove and drops below the 300 mark into creosote mode as it cools. are you making creosote during this time?
ive been able to keep it cruzing between 300 and 400 but have read best to get up to 500-600 and throttle back
and the elbows Ive installed do they pose anykind of problem? f2.jpg

Unfortunately there are too many variables to answer your questions easily. Chimney draft and fuel quality are the two most important parts of the equation. I have a 28000 and use super seasoned high quality wood. I originally ran it hotter although had a few motor problems. After speaking to the dealer I run it a little cooler now (knowing what a pita it is to change the motor). I don't let it go above 400 anymore. You also need to oil the motor at least once per year. A dealer that knows these stoves well is http://www.servicesales.com/buck-st...22_348.html?osCsid=ohnl9msdlleq3bps9vn8t2rmv3

Hey thank for the reply!!! where do ya oil the motor? mostly I burn old pipe dunnage suppose to be maple or ash 4 x 4 x 8 and cut it 3 ft long also a bunch of 18 x 18 x 6 long chopped in to 2 footers.. also have a pile of old oak....
can wood be too old to burn... the company has some old oaks been down for 5 years about 5 feet wide can I hack on it and use? also the elbows?? Ive had no problem yet????

Assuming you have a stock motor there is an oil port at one end of the motor. The dealer suggested 3 drops of transmission fluid at the beginning of the heating season. IMO, any wood is fine as long as the moisture content is below 25%. 20% is even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.