I'm redesigning my fireplace/hearth. Where can I find pictures for design ideas?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ecfinn

Dec 12, 2005
Ambler, PA
Hi all,

I'm about to tear down the wood mantle, and painted bricks on the facade of my fireplace so I can rebuild it to look like more of a classic design. I'm also redoing the hearth itself. If I get a chance tonight I'll post a pic of the hideous purple/gold faux finish applied to the wood and bricks now. I'm installing an insert soon and would prefer something with a plain brick facade and solid stone mantle. I've got a friend who's a mason who will do the work for me, but I need to provide the design and that's where I'm struggling.

Where do I find lots of pictures of fireplaces to look through so my wife and I can pick the ideas we like? Are there industry magazines, or websites, or something? I've done a lot of google searches and not much has come up that's organized very well.

Any help/suggestions/ideas/pictures would be greatly appreciated.

Eric Finn

Alot of fireplace dealers have the book(s) called Firespaces. They're full of great ideas. Also hit alot of dealer websites there are a few that have pictures of their work. The cultured stone catalog and website have numerous ideas for fireplaces as well. Manufacturer web sites have alot of great pictures too.

Try the library. I found several books there that give lots of ideas. I also found some good pictures in library books that were more like decorating books~log cabin home books had good pictures of different hearth and stove ideas.

If you want a classic design, take a look at mine here:

Before the Osburn link

Look at the final pictures I posted. It's about as traditional a fireplace as you get....Colonial design.

You can do a google or yahoo search under images . Search: hearth , fireplace , woodstove .

Status
Not open for further replies.