I'm sure going to miss her.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's great and I hope you share the experience as it is valuable to all of us. The more you can share about why you made switches the better for the readers.

NO other stove can burn as long as a BK and that is extremely important to those of us that use their stoves for full time heat.
And put out usable heat
There has NEVER been any complaint, comment, concern, criticism, charge, (sorry ran out of words beginning with "c") having to do with Parlor legs or method of attachment. I personally have a King parlor which has been dragged around numerous times in 12 years, without any structural issues.

I only wish my hearth pad was so robust.
I just left my stove shop ,Northfield Fireplace,great people by the way,to check on the Parlor since my concerns were raised here about instability. Now I don't know whose Parlor you had an issue with ,but I can say one thing and one thing only. My new Parlor is rock steady with ZERO(0) wobble,maybe the ones that wobbled were installed incorrectly,but this issue is of no concern to me at this time whatsoever.I couldn't get mine to wobble,and I'm 6 feet 1/2 in .Anyway thanks for the interjections however not applicable in my case. ;extall and weigh 220,

NO other stove can burn as long as a BK and that is extremely important to those of us that use their stoves for full time heat.

And put out usable heat
Be careful with statements like these! You will be accused of being a fan boy. I am the original fanboy and no one can take honor from me!;lol

I too have had a bunch of stoves, all fell way short of performing anything like a BK.

Reactions: Highbeam
Be careful with statements like these! You will be accused of being a fan boy. I am the original fanboy and no one can take honor from me!;lol

I too have had a bunch of stoves, all fell way short of performing anything like a BK.
Amen,all to often the truth is hurtful to many.BK's perform,there are tons of pretty stoves to choose from,but non even come close,I consider the BK a beautiful thing.It's too bad I wasted all that money before reality set in initially the cat scared me ,now I realize how silly I was.It's the simplest stove to operate,however my experiences dictate the BK love well seasoned wood,of which I am a stellar fan of.

Amen,all to often the truth is hurtful to many.BK's perform,there are tons of pretty stoves to choose from,but non even come close,I consider the BK a beautiful thing.It's too bad I wasted all that money before reality set in initially the cat scared me ,now I realize how silly I was.It's the simplest stove to operate,however my experiences dictate the BK love well seasoned wood,of which I am a stellar fan of.
I have found my BKs to be more tolerable of under seasoned wood than the stoves I've had. A few have been really bad.. Dutchwest cat and Jotul Oslo probably top the list.

I have found my BKs to be more tolerable of under seasoned wood than the stoves I've had. A few have been really bad.. Dutchwest cat and Jotul Oslo probably top the list.
One final comment regarding the King Parlor instability,taught me a lesson. Don't believe everything you read on a public forum. While this forum is definitely one of the most informative and knowledgeable sometimes things can be misconstrued. Case in point,once again I did a thourough checking of my Parlor it is absolutely impossible to make the thing even 1%unsteady or wobble.This thing is rock steady,anyone doubting me is more than welcome to go see for yourself,you cannot budge this thing with legs. BKVP hit a home run with his answer. Anyway next topic of discusson?;ex

Ive had a bunch of stoves, too... five stoves in four years, albeit three were the same model, and the other two were another. ;-)

The BKs amaze me, versus my Jotul Firelight 12's, and a few multiple-stove lifetime burners here will quote the 12 as being the best stove they ever owned. That includes two current Woodstock owners, but let's not say that too loud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: webby3650
One final comment regarding the King Parlor instability,taught me a lesson. Don't believe everything you read on a public forum. While this forum is definitely one of the most informative and knowledgeable sometimes things can be misconstrued. Case in point,once again I did a thourough checking of my Parlor it is absolutely impossible to make the thing even 1%unsteady or wobble.This thing is rock steady,anyone doubting me is more than welcome to go see for yourself,you cannot budge this thing with legs. BKVP hit a home run with his answer. Anyway next topic of discusson?;ex
Hey, I'm not here to talk down about stoves or give undue criticism. I'm here to help people make informed decisions and help with issues if i can. I have installed about a hundred Blaze Kings and own 2 at the moment. Not including the King I sold. I have experience that goes beyond my own small living room. In My personal experience the parlor models weren't as stable. Like I said before, it's not necessarily a flaw in the stove. It's just an observance I've had and a few customers have mentioned it. Maybe they changed something? Maybe the ones that did this did in fact did have an issue? To be discredited in this isn't fair. Isn't that what a forum is all about? To discuss pro's and con's? I thought it was?

Last edited:
Hey, I'm not here to talk down about stoves or give undue criticism. I'm here to help people make informed decisions and help with issues if i can. I have installed about a hundred Blaze Kings and own 2 at the moment. Not including the King I sold. I have experience that goes beyond my own small living room. In My personal experience the parlor models weren't as stable. Like I said before, it's not necessarily a flaw in the stove. It's just an observance I've had and a few customers have mentioned it. Maybe they changed something? Maybe the ones that did this did in fact did have an issue? To be discredited in this isn't fair. Isn't that what a forum is all about? To discuss pro's and con's? I thought it was?
I agree with the pros and cons,however on that issue it's not even close. I would love for you to be close enough to see this stove ,it's exactly as I say.Maybe they did something they hadn't when you did your installs.Maybe BKVP can put this to rest. I don't believe a stove could be anymore rock solid.

End.

Wood stoves or inserts are in reality a moral choice. What do you want when the power goes out in the winter is just as important for your family as what kind of shotgun you have when the back door is kicked in. Make the wrong choice in either case and you can have real problems. Besides, I wish I did have the money to experiment with newer stoves every few years.

Wood stoves or inserts are in reality a moral choice. What do you want when the power goes out in the winter is just as important for your family as what kind of shotgun you have when the back door is kicked in. Make the wrong choice in either case and you can have real problems. Besides, I wish I did have the money to experiment with newer stoves every few years.
... or to move out of whatever neighborhood in which your back door is getting "kicked in"?

I live out in the country, it was a diagnosed "mentally ill" man who kicked in the back door. He claimed to the police he was in grandfather's house.So, I am still here; not moving yet.

It's Texas! Everyone carries a smoke pole

Status
Not open for further replies.