I'm the bad guy

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Salty

Minister of Fire
So I have had an order for Okies in for 2 months now. I went in to the dealer 3 weeks ago. I could have had pellets that day because I said wtf over them not delivering for a month. Dealer didn't even have a slip written up for it when I went in. Taking 2 tons of pellets then would have meant someone else wasn't going to get their order. I rationalized I could wait another week even after all this time all I have heard so far is NEXT WEEK

Being the nice guy I paid for them up front. They assured me....you guessed it NEXT WEEK. It's now been 3 weeks. 2 since I got told the traincars were stuck in another town near us.

So I call today and ask where my pellets are. I got accused of being hostile. Because she tells me next week and I laughed when she said it? I told them 3 weeks ago if they couldn't deliver I would be back for a refund. I repeated that today and I was called HOSTILE.

I'm guaranteed pellets tomorrow now. "They just have to pick them up in the morning"

Am I missing something? They can't find my order 3 weeks ago when I stopped in to inquire, then being the nice guy I plunk down the cash in full for them. I'm told NEXT WEEK. 3 weeks later I call them and I'm hostile

Pellet Wars :)

Find a new dealer? Screw the guys who take you for a train ride.... put your money into the hands of those who care.

Briansol X2

I understand that orders get lost/fall on the floor/misplaced, but once you pay for an order it becomes a responsibility. I wonder what would happen if you took 3 weeks to PAY after they were delivered? Would THEY be hostile then?

Reactions: will711 and P38X2
I understand that orders get lost/fall on the floor/misplaced, but once you pay for an order it becomes a responsibility. I wonder what would happen if you took 3 weeks to PAY after they were delivered? Would THEY be hostile then?

I would ask them just the way Joescho put it.

makes me appreciate the service SIB gives.
steve has a very long drive up here for delivery. so he has to make it work best with his other orders.
but when there have been changes in plan from the initial set date, the woman who runs the desk has always called me far far in advance.

today i found myself already thinking about my early spring order.
i've got it bad. : )

Salty, the old saying goes "good guys finish last".

IMO, I'd get a refund and take my business elsewhere. They obviously don't need yours.

squeaky wheel gets the oil (and pellets).

better to be hostile and warm, than,... well you know the rest.

Tsk, tsk... You don't understand.. Because you are buying oakies, that is a premium pellet, it makes you wealthy... You pellets are being redistributed to us poor folks that have to buy from HD and TSC... It should warm your heart to know that I am nice and toasty since my pellets are in my house.... I hope you paid with a credit card, and I WOUD NE'ER buy ANYTHING from that distributer again... I would also tell everyone I know about what they did to you.

Tsk, tsk... You don't understand.. Because you are buying oakies, that is a premium pellet, it makes you wealthy... You pellets are being redistributed to us poor folks that have to buy from HD and TSC... It should warm your heart to know that I am nice and toasty since my pellets are in my house.... I hope you paid with a credit card, and I WOUD NE'ER buy ANYTHING from that distributer again... I would also tell everyone I know about what they did to you.

Big Gubmint will love you for that comment.

Reactions: briansol
Pay by credit card and explain that they can not bill you till you sign after delivery. On anything I have delivered they get my money once it is in my yard or my truck.

Okies are VERY difficult to get these days......we are waiting on our orders from August still......they redesigned their bagging system and had some bugs in the ointment, so, basically they way oversold the production....what we did was give a call to everyone still waiting (we only have 2-3), and offered another brand, most are sticking iwth the Okies, and we just refunded all the delivery charges for their trouble (will still deliver when we get em in).......the dealers cant control the Okie issue, tho i wish we have SOME control!

As for paying AFTER delivery- here's a scenario: deliver pellets, run card, it gets declined...........then what? Pellets are already in their new home....cant go in and take them back out....the B&E charges stink, as well as the strip search and body cav search.....

Well I picked up a ton today. I'm REALLY going to be a bad guy now. This deserves a new post. I want to see what others get for experience with these....

So I have had an order for Okies in for 2 months now. I went in to the dealer 3 weeks ago. I could have had pellets that day because I said wtf over them not delivering for a month. Dealer didn't even have a slip written up for it when I went in. Taking 2 tons of pellets then would have meant someone else wasn't going to get their order. I rationalized I could wait another week even after all this time all I have heard so far is NEXT WEEK

Being the nice guy I paid for them up front. They assured me....you guessed it NEXT WEEK. It's now been 3 weeks. 2 since I got told the traincars were stuck in another town near us.

So I call today and ask where my pellets are. I got accused of being hostile. Because she tells me next week and I laughed when she said it? I told them 3 weeks ago if they couldn't deliver I would be back for a refund. I repeated that today and I was called HOSTILE.

I'm guaranteed pellets tomorrow now. "They just have to pick them up in the morning"

Am I missing something? They can't find my order 3 weeks ago when I stopped in to inquire, then being the nice guy I plunk down the cash in full for them. I'm told NEXT WEEK. 3 weeks later I call them and I'm hostile

Pellet Wars :)

Sounds like the same thing I went thru. Mine were put on order back in mid- August with a sched. delivery of 9/7/2012 and was told they were out in the yard. 9/7, 9/14, 9/24 came and went no delivery. 10/5 still no pellets, I went down there and got my $$$ back and went with a different pellet mfg. First and last time I deal with them..

Okies are VERY difficult to get these days......we are waiting on our orders from August still......they redesigned their bagging system and had some bugs in the ointment, so, basically they way oversold the production....what we did was give a call to everyone still waiting (we only have 2-3), and offered another brand, most are sticking iwth the Okies, and we just refunded all the delivery charges for their trouble (will still deliver when we get em in).......the dealers cant control the Okie issue, tho i wish we have SOME control!

As for paying AFTER delivery- here's a scenario: deliver pellets, run card, it gets declined...........then what? Pellets are already in their new home....cant go in and take them back out....the B&E charges stink, as well as the strip search and body cav search.....

I have never had a problem with the guys having my card scanning it before they leave the store and having me sign. I have no problem with them scanning when I buy and charging later. Also they have me sign after they set them on the lawn..... You have rights you have the order paperwork. Any cop in the world will back you up.

I have never had a problem with the guys having my card scanning it before they leave the store and having me sign. I have no problem with them scanning when I buy and charging later. Also they have me sign after they set them on the lawn..... You have rights you have the order paperwork. Any cop in the world will back you up.
not true....you ought to take a gander at the dealer Agreement the cc card co's have you sign

Status
Not open for further replies.