Imagine if you could LEASE woodstoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunner

Sep 20, 2006
Southern Ontario
Love my stove....but wouldn't it be fun for us junkies to try out new, different models every other year.

I'd like to burn a cat stove for awhile maybe try out the Blaze King, also the 30 NCL, a soapy for awhile and see if I could get one of the everburns to rumble.

Whatcha think?

The delivery is the tough part!

We used to have some customers that were undecided, and one of our salespeople (actually, my dad!) would tell the people that the installers would bring BOTH models and set one on the hearth and see if they liked it.

We still laugh about that today.....the installers were not happy about those note on the invoice (bring both).....

But you do have an interesting point. We could set up a Depot and take in used stoves for a credit toward other used stoves! Wow, who wants to leave me in their will for a place that has BOTH the test lab, and the "stove exchange"? I think I could do a really good job getting it going for about 100K. I would need a scientist, though, and none of the engineers on the forum seem to live near here.

People would be filling them with pallet wood and seeing how high they could get the stack temps

In the right State/Place... that could work, there's also folk who change there home decor every 1-3yrs and pay big bucks.. to be able change out the stove to match.....they wouldnt think twice.

even a lease-to-buy / rent to own place could be a hit.

DO IT!

I'm one of five selected to be a beta tester for the new VC insert line coming out in April. the winter line of insert will be dropped replaced by this all new developed insert Vc was going to release this fall but are delaying it till the Show in Atlanta

I'd pay $50 or so to try a different stove for a couple of weeks. I'm a self-installer though; I think anyone who had to pay for removal/installation (instead of considering it hobby time) would find it cost prohibitive.

What do the dealers think of this? Do you guys have demo models that you'd consider "renting"? Seems like the economics would be pretty challenging.

Eddy

my main fireplace chimney has 4 flues plus I built in a full fireplace that has those old fashion grate heat exchanger tubs.

way back when when I saw a picture of them I had a buddy that custom bent exhaust pipe he bent the pipe and I welded it together. I should take a picture of it it would remind you of the good old days back in the 70's My 4 fleu chimney has a floor ro ceiling granite fieldstone front 12' wide full fireplace one flue for the original wood stove Effel now encore fireplace one of the oil burner and at one time I had a stove upstairs when I built the familly room I removed the upstairs stove ans placed it in the cellar /workshop and built a two flue chimney block chimney the second flue is where I vent the family room Intrepid II. My home has 6 flues. The main chimney is center location with a winding stairs built around it to the upstairs

plenty of room to test out stoves or inserts..

Status
Not open for further replies.