Impossible to find englander stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oilcan

Dec 30, 2007
west iowa
Well this is my first post on this forum, been lurking and reading for a while, seems like a lot of good info.
I've became obsessed with getting an Englander nc-30.
The Englander web site list about a half a dozen dealers in my area ( omaha, nebraska) Lowes, Home Depot, Ace Hardware. checked them all out today and what they carry now is the Century line of stoves. The Century 300010 appears to be close but I would really like the Englander.
I like the option of having an outside air hook-up.
Any ideas on where to find Englanders in this area?

I had the same problem last year. Ended up having one shipped from Colorado to Virginia and I only live 143 miles from their plant. The freight truck passed the plant on the way here.

Get you one from www.overstockstoves.com. $799 including freight.

Same here. I wanted to drop in and look at one, but nothing in any HD or Lowes. The question is if overstockstoves has them, how come they're understocked?

contact me at work , i will see if i can find one in your area from my end, please include a city of zip code in e mail to [email protected] i'll see if i can get one of our sales reps to see whats available where in your area. look hard at depot in the mean time they just took a rather large order

Lowe's and Homely Depot seem to just stock them in certain areas. We have a dozen of the stores around here and they have nothing but Century and look at you like you have antenna if you ask about ESW stoves. Each has one ESW pellet stove and I swear they are trying to hide them the way they are covered up. Not just one store but three of each I have been to in the last couple of weeks.

They state on their website that they aren't sold by our local stores. Web site order only.

My Home Depot has some large pellet stoves and very small wood burners on the floor. This is all new stock, just came in. The boxes look very dirty and like they got wet. These stoves were just set out with in the last 2-3 weeks. Now for the best part, last years wood burning stove that did not sell are sitting so high up, double stacked ,wrapped in blue plastic that no one but me knows there up there. I'm waiting till spring and see if I can get another deal. With all the help and support you get from Englander I would buy another in a heart beat. I only wished I knew about them before i bought my lopi.It would have at least have been half the cost and if i had any problems i would have been able to get the help and support you pay for when you buy something! fespo

You've got to love that the Englander stove guys pick up your post and ask you to personally contact them so they can get you taken care of. Nice customer service Mike!!

BrotherBart said:
I had the same problem last year. Ended up having one shipped from Colorado to Virginia and I only live 143 miles from their plant. The freight truck passed the plant on the way here.

Get you one from www.overstockstoves.com. $799 including freight.

That is a good price w/ shipping. Does anyone know if overstockstoves ships factory seconds or returns or are they straight off the line?

oilcan said:
Well this is my first post on this forum, been lurking and reading for a while, seems like a lot of good info.
I've became obsessed with getting an Englander nc-30.
The Englander web site list about a half a dozen dealers in my area ( omaha, nebraska) Lowes, Home Depot, Ace Hardware. checked them all out today and what they carry now is the Century line of stoves. The Century 300010 appears to be close but I would really like the Englander.
I like the option of having an outside air hook-up.
Any ideas on where to find Englanders in this area?

I looked around in a 100 mile area from Detroit for NC 30 and no one had them in stock!!!
After reading posts here and asking question I took the plunge, place an order with overstockstove.com and didn't look back. I'm very pleased with my new Englander 30 stove.I have 2 other stoves (at my fathers and a rental property) and this 30 is certainly more efficient and has more heat output (I think) than even the much larger Master Choice model 32 made by the Defiant Company. It was 2 degrees F outside this morning and it was 72 in the house.

Just order it up and you will be pleased.....and I'm pretty picky.LOL

Ran into the same problem out West. Ended up finding a local outlet for Napolean and bought a 1400. Love the stove but getting one shipped without breakage is tricky. Arrived with broken baffles and a few cracked bricks. Replacement baffles came the same way, broken. Third time they got it right but made me glad I didn't buy off the internet. Having a face to talk to and a building to go to helped ease my concern.

JP

In general I would caution buyers about buying stoves sight unseen - the exception being those who live far from any place where they can stick their heads into a stove, or those who want something really special (tempcast, woodstock, etc.). Even in those cases, a buyer has to make sure about what the freight and return policies are, etc.

Certainly not a "hard and fast" rule, but since part of wood heating is "going local" with fuel, why not "go local" with the purchase, installation and support also?

I buy some big stuff myself over the net - a wide screen TV as of late, but I was keeping my fingers crossed when it came since the company made be agree to a bunch of disclaimers about it (cannot return it to them!).....if I had a local privately owned place to go to get it, I would have. As it was, this brand was not sold locally by anyone, and dealing with the folks in the big box stores is not my idea of "fun"....so I clicked and bought.

To each his or her own, but most of my customers at the old shop were unable to deal with 400 lb stuff that showed up on the back of a truck! (luckily for me, I guess!)

Status
Not open for further replies.