Impressed with Envi blocks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rkofler

Burning Hunk
Nov 15, 2011
Long Island
Loaded insert last night around 8pm with 2 Envi blocks in the back, then filled with splits. Was fairly warm today so I decided not to load this morning. Opened air all the way to let any coals burn down. About 7pm tonight I assumed I would be starting the stove from a cold start. Couldn't believe there was still some fairly large coals left, from the night before! Almost 24 hours later! Threw a little kindling in and she took off in a few minutes. First pic is what I found almost 24 hours after loading, second is about 10 minutes later. IMG_0624.JPG IMG_0631.JPG

If you don't have lots of seasoned wood yet, these blocks can be a great way to help heat your home. I got some for my dad, and he likes the convenience because he lights up only at night, not all day long.

These type of bricks certainly take the hard work out of splitting wood and worrying about dirty chimneys/liners. They are also great when you have wood that is less the dry.

If you're impressed with envi blocks you should give the North Idaho Energy Logs a try if you can find them in your area, more dense and burn longer. I buy a few every year and use them on the coldest nights.

Status
Not open for further replies.