Impressive, I think.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Flyingcow's post is up close and personal for me as I was a recepient of the kindness of several neighbors. A few years ago, in early November, I was driving a big rig westbound from Ohio to Wisconsin when a eastbound big rig crossed the median and hit me just about head on. The driver had fallen asleep. Hospitalization and vertebrae fusion did not allow me to take care of my fall chores. My beef cows needed to be moved off of summer/fall pasture and brought in near the buildings. Several steers needed to be sold at the sale barn. Two silos needed to be filled and shell corn needed to be hauled over to a neighbor's storage bins and dryed.

In addition, stacks of firewood needed to be hauled out of the woods and ranked up near the house. Next years firewood needed to be cut, split and stacked.

This was all accomplished by the efforts of some very special neighbors. At times, it seemed as though I was watching an ant colony. Machinery and men were in constant motion. Needless to say, my family and I will forever be indebted to those neighbors. Words can not describe the feeling.
jackpine

jackpine said:
Flyingcow's post is up close and personal for me as I was a recepient of the kindness of several neighbors. A few years ago, in early November, I was driving a big rig westbound from Ohio to Wisconsin when a eastbound big rig crossed the median and hit me just about head on. The driver had fallen asleep. Hospitalization and vertebrae fusion did not allow me to take care of my fall chores. My beef cows needed to be moved off of summer/fall pasture and brought in near the buildings. Several steers needed to be sold at the sale barn. Two silos needed to be filled and shell corn needed to be hauled over to a neighbor's storage bins and dryed.

In addition, stacks of firewood needed to be hauled out of the woods and ranked up near the house. Next years firewood needed to be cut, split and stacked.

This was all accomplished by the efforts of some very special neighbors. At times, it seemed as though I was watching an ant colony. Machinery and men were in constant motion. Needless to say, my family and I will forever be indebted to those neighbors. Words can not describe the feeling.
jackpine

You must be a nice guy.
Nobody would do that for me.

kenny chaos said:
"I've had a few flying pigs but,
I ain't never seen no flying cow."

Christmas Hearth Album
release December 26, 2009

Mother Goose - said cows can fly

Hey diddle diddle,
the cat and the fiddle,
the cow jumped over the moon