Improv ATV cart

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

osagebow

Minister of Fire
Jan 29, 2012
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Went to stock up for the storm, we're in the "bullseye". My Cart had a flat, and I left the compressor in the wife's SUV. D'oh!...<> Hmm....what to do....

Grabbed a dolly, the crate my stove came in and a rope. Got the minions and started throwin' wood to them to load.

temporary_zps78682762.jpg

temporary_zps45bc3be0.jpg

Hilarity ensues - Older son was gracious and let younger brother drive first load. Younger brother decides to try and unseat him to drive second load also, but learned that an ATV seat is an easily defensible position ;lol Little guy mounted three unsuccessful attacks. All three of us were laughing by the time he gave up.

temporary_zpsd78f9a2b.jpg

temporary_zpsabd93ce5.jpg

worked good enough to get me a week or so inside, only a short straight ride to the house.

Reactions: zap and BobUrban
love the ingenuity but love the family more

Reactions: osagebow
Looks like the minions have lots of energy to help load your "cart".

ps. love the valley, has to be one of my favorite spots in the US!

Nice all around

Pffffft......no duct tape.;lol

Necessity is, after all, the father of invention. Nice work!

Good McGyvering! Even better pics of the kiddos! Thats what being in the woods with em is all about!

20 years from now your boys will still be talking about this!

Status
Not open for further replies.