In and Running

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May I add , after 4 hours ..I am a convert?
Yes you can. Might want to revisit this in a month and tell how much you really love it.

As for the dreaded knobs let me recommend something that will bore you to tears. Go feed rate 3-4, I just park it on 4. Run in Room Temp mode with fan speed you like. I like high. Then set your temp dial to whatever your desired temp might be. I'd go auto igniter 1st and then it is set so you can now look for a new hobby to keep yourself occupied. Set it and Forget it.

If you set the temp dial below 5 you need to stay in auto igniter for the distribution blower to remain on at all times. If you would like to be set at a temp lower and still have the distribution blower running at all times switch the igniter to manual. These are very basic settings that will get some good results.

Otherwise feel free to continue pulling out your hair playing with the knobs and adjustments but I figured you could use a break from the trauma of pellet stoves jacking your life around for a few. Get settled in, read, and then play with adjustments but I will warn you now you will likely wind up with suggested settings like all others have too. Results may vary since everyone's homes and preferences vary but these common operating modes seem to work well for most. Once you are no longer on your Harman Honeymoon then check things out. Have fun with the Fischer Price Knobs! Imagination and creativity goes a long way while playing with and twisting those babies......;lol;lol;lol;)

Reactions: John Fortier
Just a fast F&I, stove temp and good pellets will keep your glass clean for a week or two!

Not going anywhere...Time will tell!!!

Just a fast F&I, stove temp and good pellets will keep your glass clean for a week or two!
Would love that..before was a day or two.

Time to update your signature? ==c < One of those might work. LOL!

I am seeing a difference_g

Congrats! And, that is a really nice looking setup.

Reactions: John Fortier
Barefoot premium.

Reactions: alternativeheat
Congrats on your new install, nice looking stove!

Status
Not open for further replies.