In need of advice

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ffbones

Oct 29, 2010
Southern KY
I recently came across an older Thor Metal Works coal and wood stove. I know this is from a company that is no longer in business but I need some advice on clearances. The metal plate on the rear of the stove says 33 1/2" from the pipe connector to rear wall, 36" from the sides, and 30" from the back all measurements are to combustibles. The stove has side panels that set out 1" and a panel on the rear that sets out 1 1/2". I want to build a corner fireplace made of fake rock. I plan on covering the framing with 1/4" fiberboard normally used under ceramic tile and use mortar and the rock as the final covering. I would like to have the sides about 18" from the rock on the sides and the top will will be in an arch that will be 24" above the stove. I will be using double wall pipe as the chimney pipe. Does this sound like it will work or should I rethink some things. Any help is appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.