In Northwestern NJ we're getting there...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Badfish740

Minister of Fire
Oct 3, 2007
Despite the fact that I broke a sweat loading free pallets into my truck yesterday I woke up this morning to an outdoor temp of 57 degrees and 60 degrees in the house. Almost time for pumpkin ales in front of the furnace again...which reminds me that I need to clean my chimney.

I may make that September without a fire that I always try for and never make it. Supposed to be in the seventies or low eighties in the daytime until the end of the month. Forties and fifties at night so if I close the windows early the house holds heat. The outside cat got a surprise though this morning. It has been so hot so long that when I got up before sunup she got a surprise when she ran out the basement door to 53 degree air in the dark. Turned around and came right back in. :lol:

55 degrees in the pines. Think I started burning mid October last year. Enjoy ur pumpkin ales, I like the Oktoberfests.

I know where you're coming from... same temperatures down here in MD and I just cleaned both my chimneys, so i'm ready. Hopefully I won't be seriously burning for heat until early November...but a nice fire here and there for ambiance and to chase off the chill would be nice...it won't be long:)

Badfish740 said:
Despite the fact that I broke a sweat loading free pallets into my truck yesterday I woke up this morning to an outdoor temp of 57 degrees and 60 degrees in the house. Almost time for pumpkin ales in front of the furnace again...which reminds me that I need to clean my chimney.

Dropping down to 40 last night, high 40's the night before plus it has been a wet September so I had a nice fire with some beech last night, good and toasty this morning. Would like to use the cherry but it's not covered yet (wet and will cover this weekend top only) so the beech went in.

zap

Status
Not open for further replies.