In onner of ma buddee, Quads...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danno77

Minister of Fire
Oct 27, 2008
Hamilton, IL
I told you I got new bibs. I didn't tell you why. We were going to a "decades" costume party. You pick any decade you want, so I picked a decade that would allow me to get some bibs (i've been trying for years to sneak those into my wardrobe, even bought a pair once and she made me return them to the store)

I'm either a 20's farmer, or a steel worker, you decide. She's in some 80's gettup. it was a last minute planned party, so forgive the rough nature of the lame "costumes"

Attachments

• DSCN1122 (Small).jpg
    DSCN1122 (Small).jpg
    29 KB · Views: 745
Ha ha! I think it's great! To me you look modern. And young enough that you're still a skinny farmer.

quads said:
Ha ha! I think it's great! To me you look modern. And young enough that you're still a skinny farmer.
only modern to you and the dudes meeting for coffee at the local shop every day to talk about WWII and how bad the weather has been on the crops.

Don't let the teenager look fool ya. I may be young, but I'm probably older than most might guess. Wish I had a better picture of me when they were calling me grizzly dan around the office. The hair and beard added about 10 years to me, so I looked my age, lol.

I like the beach costume mush more!

Oh, man, VIRGIN bibs! We haven't had those are here for a long, long time. To look authentic, throw your new bibs in a cement mixer, add some dirt 'n rocks 'n little bit of water (to taste) - mix well for a time - hose off - run 'em through the washer/dryer and you'll fit right in! :)

Shari

Shari said:
Oh, man, VIRGIN bibs! We haven't had those are here for a long, long time. To look authentic, throw your new bibs in a cement mixer, add some dirt 'n rocks 'n little bit of water (to taste) - mix well for a time - hose off - run 'em through the washer/dryer and you'll fit right in! :)

Shari
+1 :lol:

Man, who moved this!?!?!?! Bibs are clearly gear! They are even for safety, It's soooo nice to not have to tuck my shirts in all the time, that's gotta be a safety benefit, right? loose clothing could be very dangerous while sawing.

Quads Jr.???? So Quads is there anything you want to tell us about that trip you made to Hamilton, IL all those years ago in your younger and wilder years? :) ;)

firefighterjake said:
Quads Jr.???? So Quads is there anything you want to tell us about that trip you made to Hamilton, IL all those years ago in your younger and wilder years? :) ;)
I don't think I ever looked that good. If Bigfoot were real, when meeting it in the woods, some people would be frightened by the way it looks. Bigfoot would be frightened of me.

I had a g'f that cut them off in the Summer so they were shorts.
Wore nothing underneath, too. (not often enough for my eyes and hands , though. ) :)
Tough on the nips without some padding stitched in.

billb3 said:
Wore nothing underneath, too. (not often enough for my eyes and hands , though. ) :)
Ha! Oh my. My wife has bibs too (not cut off), and wears them sometimes, but to the best of my recollection always has something on underneath.

billb3 said:
...Wore nothing underneath, too...
I do the same thing with my Chainsaw Chaps.

quads said:
billb3 said:
Ha! Oh my. My wife has bibs too (not cut off), and wears them sometimes, but to the best of my recollection always has something on underneath.

Well, that was 35 years ago. Might be a little more careful where my eyes wandered , today.

After looking for the alleged topless dames on South Beach and finding an 85 year old lady , I'm REAL careful where my eyes go. They're the only ones I've got.

Next time I'm flying over Illinois I'm not looking down, even from 35,000 feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.