In search of Russo CW2 manual

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big D

Nov 26, 2012
Howdy! It seems that with the update of building codes confusion has overwhelmed the building inspector in my area. I have been mentaly wrestling with their office for some time on fire protection of combustible surfaces. Therefore I am in search of an owners manual for my Russo CW2 that may shed some light on manufacturer recomendations that could possibly bring clearity to the site of my stove instilation. I have the metal Russo plate on the back of the stove that clearly states distances with protection, what seems to be the confusion is just what type of material and construction should be used. Yes, oh yes I have spent many an hour on line and have found some excellent direction but it would seem possesion of the owners manual has eluded me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated so I can get this stove fired up before winter gets here.

Thanks

Howdy! It seems that with the update of building codes confusion has overwhelmed the building inspector in my area. I have been mentaly wrestling with their office for some time on fire protection of combustible surfaces. Therefore I am in search of an owners manual for my Russo CW2 that may shed some light on manufacturer recomendations that could possibly bring clearity to the site of my stove instilation. I have the metal Russo plate on the back of the stove that clearly states distances with protection, what seems to be the confusion is just what type of material and construction should be used. Yes, oh yes I have spent many an hour on line and have found some excellent direction but it would seem possesion of the owners manual has eluded me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated so I can get this stove fired up before winter gets here.

Thanks
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/help-with-russo-stove.13337/#315248 see if this helps..
Those are nice looking stoves BTW..
Ray

https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/help-with-russo-stove.13337/#315248 see if this helps..
Those are nice looking stoves BTW..
Ray
Thanks Ray. I had found the posts you linked me to in a previous search, and the jpg's there were helpful. It was the several other pages that the woodman had posted that I would have loved to get a hold of. They link with a "404 (page not found) alert however. Unless I missed something you were trying to point me to I am still in search of. Thanks for your speedy response to my delema.

D

Thanks Ray. I had found the posts you linked me to in a previous search, and the jpg's there were helpful. It was the several other pages that the woodman had posted that I would have loved to get a hold of. They link with a "404 (page not found) alert however. Unless I missed something you were trying to point me to I am still in search of. Thanks for your speedy response to my delema.

D
D send a PM to Woodbutcher or whoever posted that and see if they will send you the manual via email or perhaps Webbie can post the info on the hearth site..

Good Luck!
Ray

D send a PM to Woodbutcher or whoever posted that and see if they will send you the manual via email or perhaps Webbie can post the info on the hearth site..

Good Luck!
Ray
Excellent direction Ray! I'll give that a go.
D

Reactions: raybonz
Status
Not open for further replies.