In the Midwest Deep-Freeze again

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice day here in SE Michigan until about 3pm. Then it went to hell. Back to the deep freeze. -9 after nightfall with a -23 chill factor.

It's getting old.

Broke into my last full ton today. Was hoping to leave it untouched for next year but that ain't happening. Almost out of corn too so I might run straight pellets for the shoulder season.

Better round up a pair of long johns without holes as there is a real ugly cold front heading down again. -2 here and that's probably going to be the high for today. Every state in the continent has some snow this morning

I'm getting so I don't like your 'special delivery' packages that I seem to get a day later. Least your service is better than the Post Office Priority Mail but I still need to 'refuse delivery'....

My sister-in-law is coming home from Phoenix on Saturday after a month out there. That will be a shock when she deplanes at Detroit Metro.

Just like last year with a twist. Last year it started right off in November with cold and snow. Thie year it waited until January and went into passing gear............

Problem is, if we jump right past spring into summer, I'm way behind the 8 ball on equipment. I need the spring to work on implements and tractors.

Looks like next week I will have to find a new home for the frozen turkey and other frozen foods that have been kept outside for a month. I am more than a month behind in projects. But got the new window treatments done today in the living room:rolleyes:

Does that mean you are gonna send me some warmer weather shortly?

I take back everything detrimental I've thought about you......lol

I have very little snow so if there can be some help it should warm up quick.

Reactions: SidecarFlip
There is about 1.5 - 2 feet on the ground here. Hard to tell really with the drifting but there is enough to make it a mud pie spring for sure.

Over 2 feet of snow in the shallow spots - up to 6 feet deep snow blowing berms and where the roof has cleared itself.

You folks in the far east got what we had last year far as frozen precip goes. I'm just tired of the cold. I'm used to it (blood ain't thin anymore) but it's getting time for a seasonal change.

Big spring issue here is everything gets real gooey and cars get brown....

You folks in the far east got what we had last year far as frozen precip goes. I'm just tired of the cold. I'm used to it (blood ain't thin anymore) but it's getting time for a seasonal change.

Big spring issue here is everything gets real gooey and cars get brown....

Pretty much what we got last year too - however this year we didn't get the January thaw that we normally get, so we have retained more snow than usual. For several years before that, we didn't get much snow at all, so people forgot what it is usually like around here. The seacoast did get hit quite hard this year, which they aren't used to at all.

Yeah, not looking forward to the snow melt off - basement may flood.

Not much melting here. We got Bio's cold weather now. -1 this morning. At least it's summy.

Sunny and -14 this morning

Minus 8 this morning and rising in the sun to 5 right now.

Frankly I do not care how sunny it is ----- It is COLD

Status
Not open for further replies.