1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Increase in Wood Pellets?

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by scott6824, Apr 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scott6824

scott6824 New Member

Loc:
    wisconsin
    Southeastern Wi. anyone notice quit a increase in Wood Pellet prices.. last year it was 200 for 60 bags(1.2 tons ) this year prices are 200 for 1 ton (50 bags) this increase is quit substantial.. anyonelse hearing about increases in pellets.. thanks

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. BubbRubb

BubbRubb New Member

Loc:
    Hagerstown, MD
    There have been numerous articles written lately about a shortage in sawdust supply and the high cost of diesel affecting prices. A recent MSNBC article stated that pellet mills were paying $25 more per ton for the sawdust this year. My personal experience in north-central Maryland is a ton increased $10 from last year's price at this time. My dealer expressed amazement at how the mill had not raised rates due to the shipping. The people that are going to be affected more are the ones that live farther away from the mills.
  3. kinsmanstoves

kinsmanstoves Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Kinsman, Oh 44428 Brookfield, Oh 44403
    I have seen a 4% increase in pellet pricing. Shipping is another story. The going rate for OTR shipping last season was $1.75 to $2.00 per mile. This year I have seen it $2.50 on up. If you are doing what I am doing it will be best to stock up early. I have around 500 tons on order for this summer. Eric
  4. scott6824

scott6824 New Member

Loc:
    wisconsin
    wow.. 500 tons... we burned about 4 this year.. thats enough pellets for 125 years... holy crap..
  5. EatenByLimestone

EatenByLimestone Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Schenectady, NY
    I was watching Ax Men last night and they were saying that people aren't buying the trees for lumber. If there isn't a market for lumber then they aren't making sawdust...

Matt
  6. MainePellethead

MainePellethead Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southern Maine
    That mean they'll be changing things a bit......theres a mill in Strong Maine thats going online soon and is going to use whole trees and grind up their own.....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.