Increased my burn rate per bag…I DOUBLED IT!!!….easy fix

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bigruckus

Jun 2, 2011
Northern Maine, Millinocket
I have been burning pellets with my Thelin Parlour 3000 for 2 winters…as a on going issue I could only get around 7 to 10 hours on a bag of pellets, it would depend on the pellet feed rate control, the damper and the adjustment of the blower. I always checked and kept the stove very clean. I also read and asked many questions about the burn rate issue on several forum websites….so as time went on I just said to myself..that this is how my stove works. Well this fall I changed the door gasket…it called for a 1/2" rope gasket, but I could only find a 5/8" rope gasket…..well guess what happened…the stove ran for 15 hours on low feed…WOW…this was heaven for this stove. I could not believe this was the cause of the poor burn rate. So if you have a Thelin stove check that gasket or just replace it…it is a very easy fix..lift the door up…take the old gasket out…clean the gasket area out on the door..I used a small tapered grinding stone bit..then just buy the correct gasket cement and glue it in…Looking forward to see how many bags I used this year…last year I used nearly 6 tons…from Oct to April….I always used the MWP pellets...now I use Tractor Supply pellets..I guess that these are the same….scanned the barcode…all made in Athens Maine..

Last edited:
Reactions: The Ds and St_Earl
Status
Not open for further replies.