Increasing efficiency of old smokey...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ozzy73

Burning Hunk
Jan 31, 2008
ON, Canada
Guys I wanted to get your opinion on if its worth making some mods to my Heritage Cartier II to burn more efficiently. Currently the stove has firebrick on the bottom of the firebox and above the secondary burn chamber.

I am thinking about lining the walls with firebrick & ceramic wool and also adding a layer of ceramic wool ontop of the secondary burn chamber.

If you like the look/fit of the stove and plan to keep it a while, then anything you can do to increase the efficiency is a plus. If you're going to trade it out in a couple years, then there is probably not much monetary benefit in adding efficiency at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.