Independence Pellets?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

John97

Feeling the Heat
Nov 18, 2011
Spring Hill, FL
Saw an ad on craigslist for these. Apparently they are a softwood pellet, southern yellow pine. They are being sold for $6/bag which of course works out to $300/ton.

If I didn't have 3 tons already paid for, I'd probably grab some of these.

I still might just to try.

Independence is the sister pellet to Potomac's and they burn pretty nice. But $300 a ton?? Wow, I'd be looking for a better deal.

At $175/ton, I'd be filling my stash with them! I'd also be throwing the sofa out and stacking pellets in its place. Heck might even dump the matress and sleep on pellets for a while! ;-)

I tried 5 bags of these and they did a good job in my M55. Decent heat and much cleaner then the NEWP, but Okies still rule the burn pot. I can the Independence for $220 a ton at the local hardware store, which I will probably do next month for the shoulder season rather then burn up my good Okies.

Bought a ton of these at the hardware store for $239. I brought them home in the back of my F150. They burn nice and hot. I burned them for a week to try between cleanings. Now am on a week with my normal MWP. No scienticfic data but seemed to burn hotter and longer than the MWP. I will say I thought there was a lot more ash in my ash pan then the MWP produced. Different kind of ash, more course. The Independence's were a very short pellets for what it's worth. I will probable go back this weekend to pick up a second ton to get me throught the heating season. So yes I liked them.

Status
Not open for further replies.