Independence Premium Wood Pellet

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony K

Jan 11, 2009
Northeast Ct
Anybody test these? or have tried them? haven't been able to find much info on these..

thanks

Independence is the sister pellet to Potomac. Pretty much the same pellet in a different bag. Potomac burn pretty good for me, But I still recommend you try a couple of bags before a large purchase just in case. :)

I dig the potomacs too. would recommend.

Thanks for the info. I saw them advertised as a superhot btu "8800 btu" with minimal ash at .35% so it caught my eye and was curious if they put out the heat stated. It puts these right up there with Hamer's and Cubex as far as btu goes. May take a ride and pick up a few bags and give them a try, also may try "Curran Optimal Super Premium Softwood" listed at 8900 btu. Anyone try Currans?

Thanks

Jay,

Curran Ideal Premium Hardwood/ Softwood Blend 259/ton

Curran Optimal Super Premium Softwood 269/ton

Independence Premium Pellets 254/ton

This is what they are priced at currently but they are offering buy 3 tons or more and get delivery for 39.00. I'm sure there is a max distance involved here for that price.

I will keep an eye on these to see if a spring buy price is offered.

Tony

I am about half way through my first bag of these. I cleaned the glass and the inside of the stove before I started these. So far everything still looks clean but I haven't opened up the stove to see how much ash there is. The heat output seems better than the hardwood pellets I have been using but that it totally unscientific.

So far, so good, but I want to burn a couple more bags before I decide.

Status
Not open for further replies.