Independence SW

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kcellwood

Nov 2, 2011
Central Maine
Just brought home my 4th ton on pellets for this year. Was at a local hardware store and they were selling for $239/ton. Yah I know, should try a few bags before buying so many but couldn't resist. Had to throw a ton in the back of the truck. I figure my P68 will burn anything I throw at it. I like the clear bags - what you see is what you get. The southern yellow pine smells great. Overall length of pellets seems to be smaller then what I am use to burning - MWP. See some fines in the bag but most likely would see that with any pellet if they were in a clear bag. Stove is cooling down for the weekly cleaning. Will start up on the SW's. I'll report back on how they perform.

Status
Not open for further replies.