Indirect DHW

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

huffdawg

Minister of Fire
Oct 3, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Any one know if there is a indirect dhw tank with an electric heating element in it for back up on the market. Cant seem to find one by google search . Its for a small suite I will be renting out.

Huff

I think you need to look at solar storage tanks with electric back up. I know there are a number of them out there. I had a 120g Vaughn solar tank at one time. You would have to make sure the heat exchanger specs are right for your boiler. I would think the HX would be larger so it shouldn't be a problem.

They market them as solar tanks but there are reputable tanks with a single coil and electric backup. I wish I had one in my house because I'd shut down the oil boiler in the Summer, and use the coil as a dump zone in the shoulder seasons.

Caleffi makes them also.

Status
Not open for further replies.