Indoor firewood stand

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Chas0218

Minister of Fire
Sep 20, 2015
Beaver Dams New York
So my wife has been adding black pipe accents around our house as they are the closest thing to wrough iron we can afford that isn't gaudy or a cheap made look alike. I need an indoor stand to store a few days worth of wood instead of just stacking on the floor next to the stove so I want to build an indoor storage rack out of black pipe. I'm just not sure which design or what size pipe I should use.

Attached are a couple really crude quick sketches of what I was thinking. Sizes aren't on there but I can say total the smaller design would hold around .2 cords which isn't horrible for me. I go through about .25 cord every week. The taller design would hold probably closer to .4 cord . Both are about 6' in length and height depends on the design but the height of it below the window would be 3'.

All of the designs would have a top/shelf on top. I like the idea of wrapping around the window might be just because I know I won't have to go out in the cold and load it up as often or because of the looks. I think wood next to a wood stove looks aesthetically pleasing so it will be full in the off season. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 20180917_100457.jpg
    20180917_100457.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 158
  • 20180917_100505.jpg
    20180917_100505.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 148
I don’t remember the size I used but I made a mobile one so I could push it to the slider and minimize wood debris falling all over the place. It’s about 5ft tall or so on a wooden base with casters. I’d have to measure when I get home.

I like the wrap around window one but to each there own.

50d883f1b9638f87b8789ca98e0ed1ec.jpg

Lopi Rockport
Blaze King Ashford 25