Indoor Gasifier

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PortageandMain#1

Hearth Supporter
Dec 1, 2010
Mid Canada(Sask)
Just wondering if there is any interest in indoor Boilers. I am gathering information on how successful this boiler would be!

Max Furnace Output BTU/Hr. 90,000
Heating Area 3000 sq ft.
Total size w x d x h 29.5" X 40" X 66"
Shipping Weight 1600 lbs.
Chimney SIze 6"
Door Size W x D 12.5" x 14"
Firepot W X H x L/Cubic Ft. 20" X 30" x 20"/ 7
Water Capacity (US gallons) 60
Horizontal Fire tubes(2' Dia.) 8
Vertical Fire Tubes " 4
Maximum Log Length 18"
Split or Suggested Log Dia. 4 to 5 "
Heat exchanger Triple Pass

This would be and indoor Gasification unit, that meets the necessary Epa Codes

I just installed a Garn, so hopefully I'm not in the market!

But the first thing I see if the log length size....18". To me, a life long wood burner, I'd like to see a bigger firebox to accomodate longer pieces. Cutting everything this size, and making sure everything is no more than 18", would be a real drag. I was strongly considering a BioMass boiler, and the smaller model only took 16 or 18 length....so I immediately jumped into the larger boiler to take up to 24". Really a big matter in convienience in cutting.....

Otherwise, I would think a well built, quality unit would be competitive with the Eurpeon models like the BioMass, EKO, etc. and so forth.

The easier to clean out the HX, the better. Some of the indoor units I believe are not so easy to touch.

Portage and Main Boiler Guy said:
Just wondering if there is any interest in indoor Boilers. I am gathering information on how successful this boiler would be!

Heating Area 3000 sq ft.
Chimney SIze 6"
Vertical Fire Tubes " 4
Maximum Log Length 18"

Sounds like a Scotch boiler design & somewhat like a Varmebaronen. What is striking is the weight, I believe over twice that of the Varm. My 2 cents worth if P&M is going to design one is to increase log length to 21", up the output to 32KW, & keep the rest the same as this looks to be one heavy duty boiler & I think it would sell if competitive in price. Hopefully a Lambda version would be available as I think its all going to that eventually. If the boiler is to be built just as listed I think it still sounds real interesting, Randy

Singed Eyebrows said:
Portage and Main Boiler Guy said:

Heating Area 3000 sq ft.
Chimney SIze 6"
Vertical Fire Tubes " 4
Maximum Log Length 18"

Sounds like a Scotch boiler design & somewhat like a Varm. What is striking is the weight, I believe over twice that of the Varm. My 2 cents worth if P&M is going to design one is to increase log length to 21", up the output to 32KW, & keep the rest the same as this looks to be one heavy duty boiler & I think it would sell if competitive in price. Hopefully a Lambda version would be available as I think its all going to that eventually. If the boiler is to be built just as listed I think it still sounds real interesting, Randy

Yeah The Vedolux 30 weighs around 650-700, which seems very light compared to other brands. One thing to keep in mind about the vedolux is that it does not
have nearly the amount of refractory that other boilers have = less weight. By all means if your building a new model make it easy to clean like the Varm boilers!!!

I was leery of the lightweight but as you can see from my sig I bought one anyway... Hands down the easiest boiler I have seen to maintain and clean. That and the induced draft
are what sold me. The suction fan is STRONG, no smoke and all dust goes up the stack when cleaning/removing ashes... VERY important for indoor boilers.

Good luck and welcome to the forum

Status
Not open for further replies.