Indoor wood gasification furnace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jts717

Oct 3, 2014
Wisconsin
I am currently running an Englander add on wood furnace which is plumbed into the ductwork of my house. I am looking to upgrade to a more efficient gasification wood furnace. I have found many indoor gasification wood boilers but not many forced air furnaces built in the U.S. or Canada. I don't really want to have one shipped from Europe but would consider it. Is anyone running an indoor gasification furnace or know of a quality built brand?

There are catalytic furnaces made by Caddy that are good units. Napoleon just came out with a high efficiency line that looks good, but we have no track record for them yet. And look at the Drolet Tundra which has secondary burn. I looked at one on the show floor and liked what I saw.

Thanks for the advice I hadn't heard of the Drolet Tundra, looks like a nice unit. I have researced the PSG Caddy as well as the Kuuma lines and am leaning towards the Kuuma at the moment. It is more expensive but also more effecient and i believe better built. I am willing to pay for the quality as I do not want to have to replace it for many many years. The only downfall is it doesn't have a glass door, sure is nice to see what is going on in there.

Reactions: flyingcow
Thanks for jogging my tired brain cells. Kuuma should also be considered. Caddy has a good reputation. They are solidly built. The Drolet is a newer unit. It also looks like a solid, well made furnace and offers a high-value like most of the Drolet line.

Moving this over to the boiler room. There may be other Drolet, Caddy and Kuuma owners you can chat with there.

I am going to put wood heat in my truck garage soon. I was planning on buying a kumma. Nice furnace, good customer relations. But since then I've found a heck of a good buy on a used gasser boiler. If I hadn't would have got the kumma.

I am willing to pay for the quality as I do not want to have to replace it for many many years. The only downfall is it doesn't have a glass door, sure is nice to see what is going on in there.
The Kuuma is your machine then, caddillac!
Yup, fire TV sure is nice! Kuuma says a glass door affects their efficiency/clean burn though...:(

I would stay away from the tundra, Its only been a year and they are having bugs to work out. Sounds like what you really want is the Kuuma or caddy. Kuuma doesn't need the glass door because the computer is telling you what is going on. Although I agree it would be nice. But how many nut jobs sit by there FURNACE? other than me.

I just did the very first overnight burn in my newly installed Kuuma........this thing is going to punch old man winter right in the nads and I can't wait.

Although I agree it would be nice. But how many nut jobs sit by there FURNACE? other than me.

lol....I was doing that last night at 2am, just sitting back admiring it.

Nice, Did you make a nice MAN rm down there? I bought a top $$$ futon to put down there, 2 privacy walls of splits, and a big screen. Mini fridge for beverages. Is it wrong that the best tv in the house is in the basement just for me? Albeit, it was free.

lol...no I didn't do that but I also don't have as much estrogen to get away from as you do either :)

Reactions: STIHLY DAN
Status
Not open for further replies.