Induced draft motor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

[email protected]

Dec 24, 2005
I have a Whitfield Pellet Stove and was wondering where I can get a new motor for the induced draft other than ordering one from a Whitfield dealer? The old motor is a Fasco 10232, type U21B at 3000 rpm's. If anybody can help me, contact me by email at [email protected]
Thanks
I have tried Grainger and it is an OEM motor. A Whitfield dealer wants $ 175.00 for the whole new assembly. Anybody out there know where one can get an induced draft motor assembly for a lower cost?

That number is not cross-referencing so far for me. Are there any other numbers on the motor or on the blower housing? What is the cost from the Whitfiled dealer?

I would take it to a HVAC supply store. U21B is the style of inducer and is made by at least Fasco and Dayton and used on a lot of furnaces.

You will probably have to buy blower and motor as an assembly but they aren't all that expensive and if you have a problem with it the HVAC store is closer than the stove manufacturer.

BeGreen said:
That number is not cross-referencing so far for me. Are there any other numbers on the motor or on the blower housing? What is the cost from the Whitfiled dealer?

Only other number on the Fasco motor is 12020011.

KMT said:
I have a Whitfield Pellet Stove and was wondering where I can get a new motor for the induced draft other than ordering one from a Whitfield dealer? The old motor is a Fasco 10232, type U21B at 3000 rpm's. If anybody can help me, contact me by email at [email protected]
Thanks

I have great luck finding these parts at Graninger supply, you can order online or go to one of their wholesale outlets.
Most of the time you can just put on your employers accout(paying cash ) for a discount or
you could pay their normal price.

Mostly electric and motor parts are off the shelf for these stove builders.
Its like the American Chopper show .... lots of flash but in the end they just bolt stuff on from catalogs.

Does anybody know where to get Whitfield parts discounted. I am looking for an induced draft motor assembly for a Profile 30. I was quoted $ 175.00 by a dealer. I find this a little high. Let me know.
[email protected]

KMT said:
Does anybody know where to get Whitfield parts discounted. I am looking for an induced draft motor assembly for a Profile 30. I was quoted $ 175.00 by a dealer. I find this a little high. Let me know.
[email protected]

Have tried taking that unit to an electric motor rewinder for service?
Those guys are good at what they do and most of them like to help
out with the odd stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.