induction fan modification on boiler

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

4acrefarm

Jan 11, 2009
western ma
I have a Jensen wood boiler with a bad indution fan. Since I have to replace anyway I was thinking of mounting it remotly and pushing the air through a heat exchanger to pick up heat from the smoke pipe. I was thinking of stainless steel flexpipe running along smoke pipe with a metel shroud covering them both. It would be kind of seton like in theory. Maybe I could push 200* air into fire instead of 60*. The only issue I can think of is restriction of pipe reducing cfm and how much of a fan will it take to overcome it. The origanal fan is mounted directly and is rated at 60 cfm. Can anyone think of any reason not to do this? I have never used the boiler before so I have nothing to base performance on. Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.