Industrial Pellet Heat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mbcijim

Mar 10, 2008
Schuylkill County, Pa
I am an owner in an industrial real estate company. We own several large buildings that have large open spaces 50,000 - 100,000 sft with 30' and sometimes 40' ceiling heights. Some of our buildings are on propane because natural gas isn't available there. Can anyone steer me to a manufacturer to a product that will heat these spaces? We are open to hot air or hot water, with a preference for air. We are in Pennsylvania. Thanks in advance!

mbcijim said:
I am an owner in an industrial real estate company. We own several large buildings that have large open spaces 50,000 - 100,000 sft with 30' and sometimes 40' ceiling heights. Some of our buildings are on propane because natural gas isn't available there. Can anyone steer me to a manufacturer to a product that will heat these spaces? We are open to hot air or hot water, with a preference for air. We are in Pennsylvania. Thanks in advance!

The Pinnacle GBU400 (http://www.pinnaclestove.com/industrial.html) isn't cheap, but it will burn pellets and wood chips, and 400kbtuh isn't anything to scoff at... Most systems larger than that will be fired on chips, only, rather than pellets. When you're using fuel to the tune of millions of btus per hour, the price difference between pellets and chips becomes rather noticeable.

If you'd like to go over the details, feel free to drop me an email (info at brownianheating.com) with the specs on your buildings, and I can try to work up some comparisons for you.

Joe

Look to me like you are in the range of a Chiptec Boiler out of Burlington VT. They specialize in schools and commercial installations and use wood chips for fuel. They are a boiler design so you would need to install hot water coils in your duct work or switch over to baseboard

Status
Not open for further replies.