1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Industrial Pellet Heat

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by mbcijim, Aug 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mbcijim

mbcijim Member

Loc:
    Schuylkill County, Pa
    I am an owner in an industrial real estate company. We own several large buildings that have large open spaces 50,000 - 100,000 sft with 30' and sometimes 40' ceiling heights. Some of our buildings are on propane because natural gas isn't available there. Can anyone steer me to a manufacturer to a product that will heat these spaces? We are open to hot air or hot water, with a preference for air. We are in Pennsylvania. Thanks in advance!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. BrownianHeatingTech

BrownianHeatingTech Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northwood, NH
    The Pinnacle GBU400 (http://www.pinnaclestove.com/industrial.html) isn't cheap, but it will burn pellets and wood chips, and 400kbtuh isn't anything to scoff at... Most systems larger than that will be fired on chips, only, rather than pellets. When you're using fuel to the tune of millions of btus per hour, the price difference between pellets and chips becomes rather noticeable.

If you'd like to go over the details, feel free to drop me an email (info at brownianheating.com) with the specs on your buildings, and I can try to work up some comparisons for you.

Joe
  3. peakbagger

peakbagger Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern NH
    Look to me like you are in the range of a Chiptec Boiler out of Burlington VT. They specialize in schools and commercial installations and use wood chips for fuel. They are a boiler design so you would need to install hot water coils in your duct work or switch over to baseboard
  4. Sting

Sting Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Wisconsin
  5. jawquin

jawquin Member

Loc:
    Quincy, IN
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.