Inferno Hell/Okanagan Heaven

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stevie73

Nov 27, 2009
Fleetwood, NY
www.myspace.com
I cannot express enough how happy I am with the Breckwell insert. At first I wasn't because of the first pellets we bought which was the awful, terrible, horrendous, crappy, gross, and terrible ( I could go on! lol) Inferno pellets we used! It produced so much ash, I was cleaning the thing all the time. The heat output although hot was not strong enough and very orange. At times, we couldnt see through the glass. I did some research here plus some great help from you guys and found Okanagan pellets. We got them at Home & Hearth in Westchester for $319 a ton. I swear although we are going to have some backup pellets like Dragon Mountain or Cleanfire..I cannot get over how great the Oaks are. The heat is amazing, there is a definite difference. Although of course anything would be an improvement over those damn Infernos! :p
Is going to have a warm holiday!!
Wishing you all many thanks, have a wonderful holiday and Joyous WARM New Year!

Seleus

If you have a BJs near you check there that have Okies for $5.00 a bag +/-. I just picked up mine.

I called all the BJ's around me and nada. We bought the stove from Homeclick. We dont mind the price since its a close drive. We cleaned it out today and definitely noticed the different ash output. Infernos were all black and the Oaks were white. The heat is incredible and the house is yummy warm!

Thanks again for all your help Xena and Have a Warm and Happy Holiday as well!

You just went from one end of the spectrum to the other with your choice in pellets ;-)

$319 is too rich for my blood, but those Okies are clean burning and hot.

I also tried out some Infernos too because the mill is local and they are selling
everywhere around here. Cheaper than most other brands too.
Well, now I know why...they were horrible and I couldn't wait to get rid of them.

Glad to hear you are now happy with your stove afterall.

Status
Not open for further replies.