1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Info for anyone with an apartment house

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Richardin52, Jun 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Richardin52

Richardin52 Member

Loc:
    A farm in Maine
    I started a Treager PB-150 boiler made by Pinnical stove co. on April 7th. I have not used a drop of oil since. It is supplying all the heat and hot water for a four unit apartment house. I have not shut it off yet. I have a 60 gal. supper store hot water heater that it heats for hot water.

Right now it is costing me about $1.13 per day per unit to heat hot water and for what little heat they are using.

The only thing cheaper than that would be solar.

Rich

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. MCPO

MCPO Minister of Fire

Loc:
    western Ma , close to NY state border
    Are the tenents all on vacation?
    John
  3. Richardin52

Richardin52 Member

Loc:
    A farm in Maine
    No all units are full. One with a retired woman who likes it warm.

We have had warm weather so most of the units are not calling for heat right now but that's cheap to heat hot water for showers, doing dishes, etc. for four units.

Rich
  4. Richardin52

Richardin52 Member

Loc:
    A farm in Maine
    If your asking if she smells bad, no and she is a very nice person. If you asking because your would like to smell her, I'm sure she would not be interested in you.
  5. sinnian

sinnian Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Limerick, Maine
    Rich,

Why did you go with the indirect water tank? Mark talked me out of installing one. Is it because of the four units, and unsure when the demand for hot water would be called upon?

Thanks ~ Jeff
  6. Richardin52

Richardin52 Member

Loc:
    A farm in Maine
    Jeff

I had the supper store running off the oil boiler already. All I did was hook up the pellet boiler to the same system.

We also figured it would work better because the more storage I have the less of the chance of the boiler would dump heat in hot weather. It has never had to dump heat yet.

Rich
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.