Info needed on old Grizzly

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuerno Verde

Jan 30, 2014
Colorado
I got this old Derco Grizzly cat stove and was hoping I could get any info on the model type and rough age. No UL plate to be found. Any links to manuals or parts diagram would be great. Anybody own one?

Attachments

• CAM00906.jpg
    CAM00906.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 1,405
Reactions: jrat
This stove has a 7 inch X 2 "puck" type catalyst. Does this simply sit in the ring that is bolted to the burn chamber lid, or is a gasket or furnace cement needed between the cat and where its seated in the ring?

This stove has a 7 inch X 2 "puck" type catalyst. Does this simply sit in the ring that is bolted to the burn chamber lid, or is a gasket or furnace cement needed between the cat and where its seated in the ring?
I also bought a home with a Grizzly. It has the same puck style cat. I need to find out how to remove it. Do you have a manual, or know how? The holder is no longer snug against the roof of the unit, and I would like to repair it.

Status
Not open for further replies.