Info on this stove??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NickLaw

Oct 24, 2012
Does anyone know where I can find info on an older Appalachian stove? I've been told the model is 15050, but I can't find anything on it. I'm looking for dimensions, BTU, sq/ft, log size...

Picture is attached.

Any help would be much appreciated!!

Attachments

• 5Ib5Ge5K33F83Jd3Hbca8b32cef89218f1477.jpg
    5Ib5Ge5K33F83Jd3Hbca8b32cef89218f1477.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 122
I don't know anything about that particular stove but after looking at the picture I have to say I like the look of it. It looks like a nice workhorse type stove. It appears to be an all steel stove??

Have you called Appalachian Stove? (828) 253-0164

Might have been the UL inspection number? The model should be on the UL tag or maybe on that shiny tag over the door?

a picture, or set of pictures that can be send via email might get some answers at Appalachian

Great, I did find out that it is actually a fireplace insert. Is it unheard of to use a fireplace insert as a regular wood burning stove?

Some manufacturers like Appalachian make a stove/insert design, like mine can be freestanding or insert. If you can find the model number maybe you can find the legs for it, I will tell you upfront that is one old stove. I would pass on it if you are looking to buy it and find something newer.

Some manufacturers like Appalachian make a stove/insert design, like mine can be freestanding or insert. If you can find the model number maybe you can find the legs for it, I will tell you upfront that is one old stove. I would pass on it if you are looking to buy it and find something newer.

Thanks. Just curious though, I cant think of any reason why a stove being old would matter. If the metal and glass is in good shape wouldn't it still perform fine?

"Perform" is in the eye of the beholder, look at Appalachians new stoves, a lot has changed in the last 30 years when that stove was made. Will it hold a fire inside it, sure, will it run at about 40% efficiency, you bet. Newer EPA stoves run at 80%+ efficiency, meaning your wood goes further to heat your home.

"Perform" is in the eye of the beholder, look at Appalachians new stoves, a lot has changed in the last 30 years when that stove was made. Will it hold a fire inside it, sure, will it run at about 40% efficiency, you bet. Newer EPA stoves run at 80%+ efficiency, meaning your wood goes further to heat your home.

Good to know, thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.