Information on actual EPA testing standards and procedures

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

REF1

Feeling the Heat
Oct 13, 2009
South West, VA
Is there a thread on the board, or web site out there which states how EPA tests are actually done? I've read a few general things, but would like to know exactly what they do, blow by blow.

Thanks. Got about a third of the way through it. Time to hit the hay. I'll finish it later. Interesting though, especially the procedure for cats.

On the same page, there should be a link to a PDF document for Method 5G, which is the more commonly used emissions sampling method (with a dilution tunnel).

No thanks I'll wait for the movie :coolsmile:

Hope you're not waiting on me to produce it! You might me waiting for a long, long time.

In all seriousness, if you have any questions on the test methods that you didn't get answers to while reading, I'd be happy to answer.

Well, I'm not the fastest reader on the planet. I'll muddle through it sooner or later.

SmokingandPoking, are you involved with the testing of stoves at one of the outfits that does it?

REF1 said:
Well, I'm not the fastest reader on the planet. I'll muddle through it sooner or later.

SmokingandPoking, are you involved with the testing of stoves at one of the outfits that does it?

You could say that I'm involved with the testing of solid fuel units.

Status
Not open for further replies.