Information on Whitfield advantage 2

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Faelsforge

Nov 23, 2015
Selah
Looking for any information I can find on an advantage 2. Pellet consumption, hearing ability etc. We currenty have an old earthstove hp40 (late 70s to early 80s I think) w/out any fire brick. Auger is on or off, hoppwr is outside mounted against the chimney. There's no real control on heat other than fan is blowing or not. Burn about 2.5-3 bags a day and house might get to 70 if its burning day and night. Wondering if the advantage 2 would be a better deal. Any info would be greatly apreciated.

great stove owned mine for 18 yr's very little problems, have never burned more than 1.5 bags a day even burning on a 3 which is the middle and very hot heat setting, have seen my living room over 85 degree's burning on a 3

Wow ok. Yeah my earth stove went through about 16to18 pounds in under 6 hours last night. Put them in at 1030. 430 it was out and stone cold. Guessing 4+ lbs per hour. I know its100 lbs + aday. Has to run24/7. Full on.

ADV 2 is a great stove

We have an ADV2 T (Later incarnation of the 2)

We run ours on nut shells and it uses about a 5 gallon bucket full over 24 hrs

We heat 2400 ft house with it.

Great stove, well built. and easy to keep going

Status
Not open for further replies.