Inject-A-Seal Insulation. Has anyone used it?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pgmr

Feeling the Heat
Jan 14, 2006
Central Indiana
I've seen videos online for a pre-expanded foam that can be injected into existing walls (even if they already have existing batts or cellulose). The generic term for the foam is aminoplast, I believe.

The website, http://www.injectasealfoam.com/, seems to be geared toward selling franchises. Other sites appear to be franchisees that are selling this product. Not sure if Inject-A-Seal is the only maker of the product.

Below are the four videos found on the website noted above. Pretty interesting. Would like to hear if anyone has had this installed or is a franchisee.

Been looking into this but its just so expensive compared to Cellulose blown-in
I could do a whole house with cellulose for what it cost to do 1 room with any type of foam.
Iv been using cellulose for many years with very good results,so if i need a higher R value ill just add an inch of foamboard either inside or outside the blown-in wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.