Innovative new lighting

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are these available in the states?

I think they are just being introduced commercially in Europe at this point.

I'd still want to put my lux meter on them. The OP tech is spiffy....I'll be impressed after I see the price and running costs. Can achieve similar effects with off the shelf tech now, no nanoparticles required.

I love my house, but the builder (in 1960, RIP) obviously did not know where the sun is in the sky. Built all these picture windows on the North facing living room and a giant stonework planter in the North sided main entrance (with no window at all). I got 60W of LED spots and put them 10' above the planter and folks who don't think about it figure there must be skylight shining on the planter. Eats about 300kWh/year. The liv room got tube skylights that use 0 kWh/yr.

All better.

The tube lights are great. I installed one for an interior bathroom and another in the back entryway which has no windows. Bright light most days, 0 kwh.

Tube skylights are great but not always an option. Otherwise there would be one in our kitchen. For a dramatic change in interior lighting with no sunlight access these could be great. And they work at night and on cloudy days.

Status
Not open for further replies.