Input on new Husqvarna

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just seen this thread or I would have posted earlier. The 372 is without a doubt a better saw. My Dad has one and I have the 570. The difference in power is noticeable but not anything drastic. However, the big difference is in the size and weight of the saw. The 372 carries its greater power in a lighter, smaller package. Displacement wise, the 372 is at the top end of its crankcase size and the 570 is at the bottom (362, 365, 372 vs. 570 & 575) so probably a fairer comparison would pit the 372 against the 575. If you are moving down the trunk of a tree bucking large rounds you won't notice as much difference as you would moving about more during limbing. I'd rather limb with a smaller saw (50cc class) anyway though so that isn't really an issue to me. I think you probably would have been completely satisfied with either and I might still choose the 570 if the $ difference was greater. Given the situation, you made the right choice.

i vote for the husky

LOVE my 272xp

chaps001.jpg

just added a 345e to the mix last week

I'd go with the W version of the saw, it has an extra 3 HP. I do have one and I'm going to get another if I get the chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.