Insert Advice

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Troubleuk

Sep 7, 2015
Inidiana
Hi All

Just after a bit of advice I've been reading on stoves for a while but it get kinda confusing. I'm pretty handy at doing stuff so will be doing all install etc.

The fireplace we have used to have an ashley stove insert many years ago ( slammer install)

Has a cold air inlet on the base of the fireplace, do we block this up??

Chimney is 13 foot high and inside of tile is 11" sqaure

We are going to buy a baby buck because I think that will fit we need a stack adapter and was going to use 8" adapter and 8" Full liner?

Problems are fireplace seems short so I may have to attach the stack adapter to the liner then push the stove in and attached from the inside to the stove?

Do I need a trim kit? read it may heat better without one?

Any help is much appreciated. thanks in advance

fireplace.jpg

Welcome. There's no trim surround needed for the Buck if you don't want one. What is a "Baby Buck? Do you mean the model 20? If so that takes a 6" liner.

Status
Not open for further replies.